CD Player Issue

mudddy

Not sure if this has been asked before.

I have a Superb and replaced the standard CD player with a non-skoda CD/MP3 player. However I've noticed that when the engine is switched off the player resets itself completely. Losing all prest, radio stations and cd/mp3 track position.

Anyone why this is happening? I know its not a fault with the audio system as i've just taken it out of another can in the family,

Any help appreciated.

swap the red and yellow wires around (the permanent and switched lives). Also you may have a problem with the K line (used for diagnostics) which is now attached to a live connection on the HU which can damage fault reading equipment when plugged into the diagnostics port.

Skoda in their ultimate wisdom decided to things differently from everyone else. Is the radio reception a bit poor by any chance? The standard HU also supplies power to the booster in the aerial.

Try a search in the ICE forum and there's plenty of information to be found.