Radio stuck on PHONE mode?

Kev_vRS

Hi guys just searched the forums but couldnt find any help.

My radio im my 55 reg vrs is stuck on PHONE mode, it was working fine 1 morning, then later in the day got back into my car and it just says PHONE on the display. none of the buttons work, and eeven when i lock the car and look through the window it still says phone... and it wont turn off...

any one else had this prob? or know what i can do to fix?

Thanks

Try removing it, disconnecting it and then once re connected going into the settings menu and making sure the all the phone inputs and modes are turned off..

This did come up a couple of times a few weeks back, don;t think anyone came up with a full fix, seems a few units may have just been a little faulty. If it's still within warranty get it changed.

Thanks for the reply :)

I have just been out to have a fiddle, took the radio fuse out, then put it back in. it said SAFE then 1000, then LEARN... lol. didnt need code and its now working fine!

Strange

I *think* it won't need a code as long as it's connected to your car as the radio, and ECU/immobiliser are coding together. But it in any other car and it will need the code. You should also be able to swap between after market HU's and your stock one without a code.

This happened to me exactly the same, but as of yet I haven't been able to get the damn thing out. Where is the fuse located? I'll give that a try.

When you open the drivers dor theres a plastic cover you can pop off, the fuses are under there check your manuel to find the right fuse :thumbup: Think it was fuse 45