Question on Auto Wipers

All,

I have a question on the Auto Wipers. They seem to not respond the way that you'd expect. In unchanging rain conditions the wipers would turn to any of the following from off to various speeds of intermittent to full on to fast full on when it doesnt seem to me that the rain has increased at all.

What really annoys me is how fast they turn off even in rain.

Is there a setting in COM to delay how quickly they either slow down or switch to intermittent from full or switch off altogether.

I think there is too much switching, if the rain detected warrants full speed it should stay there for a while before changing to intermittent or stopping.

To sum up in auto mode there would be lots of times where its hard to see out the windscreen because either the wiper hasnt come on or switched off when you feel it shouldnt.

I have used auto wipers in other cars and it seemed more accurate.

Any one know what are parameters for auto wipers.

D

It seems to me I have the same problem. Tried auto wipers during 10 day raining. The last two days I start having that feeling of inadequacy of the sensor towards the intensity of the rain. I used to have L&K Octy before, it was perferct in this regard. If anyone have any experience on fixing that please share.

I have the same problem,but I also have a fault code regarding the rain/light sensor,some intermitent semnal or something like this.After I cleared it,the wipers were working just right,but after a few days the problem was back.