- Elroq: Who else has ordered?
- Elroq: Who else has ordered?
- Elroq: Who else has ordered?
-
MOI3_EU_SK_R7880L_MU1788
TBQH it's a lot of faff. You can get the car to do it if you pay for the infotainment annual fee & suchlike on the Skoda App for iOS & Android respectively. Otherwise you have some options: https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/ and select the area you need, download and put it on a memory stick and see if the system will update. Use Waze which is very up to date as it's users update it regularly, it also has all types of speed cameras, roadworks and capability of reporting live issues Use Google Maps which for very much the same reason as Waze, which it essentially is as Waze is owned by Google.
-
New windscreen
I've had two windscreens replaced, one only lasted 6 weeks before some doughnut in a mini threw up a load of gravel and did two chips and as it's a heated screen it had to be replaced again, this time they put a decent one in. Beware some windscreen replacement companies replace the OEM screen with a thinner & cheaper one, this one is Saint-Gobain and is fine!
-
Soon to be goodbye to my RS
Thank you Steve most appreciated, it was been a difficult few years for me with being forced to retire early by my company and the deaths of my dad, soul mate and last year mum, hopefully this new car will signify a new start for me and better luck 🙂
-
Soon to be goodbye to my RS
My Elroq has the Maxx Pack, Winter Pack and Driver Pack on it aka ACC, plus the Transport Pack for times when I need a 240v mains supply, also the boot net system. Already buying a few bits and pieces for it like door protectors and organiser trays, next month will see a boot liner, a 3 pin charger added
-
Soon to be goodbye to my RS
Yep, I never thought I'd change from an RS, but my car has passed the 3 year boundary and will soon want an expensive service, discs and all sorts of TLC. Throw in the increasingly expensive fuel, VED and the fact that I'm getting older, I've now lost my parents and dog I've decided to have a change and go electric! I'm not leaving the Skoda fold though, I'm getting a Elroq Sportline 85 instead, had a test drive and I was very impressed with it, it was smooth, comfortable and airy. Also it's going to be cheaper to "fuel" at home and with a broadly similar range to what I get from my RS now it was a no brainer for me. My RS leaves me at the beginning of December.
-
Average cost to replace brake pads and discs?
Don't you have to tell the car that they've been replaced? Also you need to know what you're doing for a start. I wouldn't have a clue what to do, so leave things alone! If you aren't trained to do it or know what you're doing leave it alone, otherwise you could either kill yourself or someone else as it's brakes or give yourself a bigger bill.
-
Thinking about an Elroq, but...
Most of the year it'll be mundane stuff, loads of short hops for groceries and (I nearly said petrol then! LOL!) social stuff, but there's several times of year when I do 200-300 mile journeys, which will almost inevitably now require a layover for charging. But the way fuel prices are going and my lack of enthusiasm for the out & out brut power of the RS, I'm hoping that this change will calm me down a bit, especially as I get older and I now have medical conditions with high BP/HF Depression/anxiety amongst them.
-
Thinking about an Elroq, but...
I have no idea what batteries are under this one it might still be NMC (Nickel Manganese Cobalt) and as it's a MY27 car it comes with a 84KwH battery rather than 82KwH, plus loads of software updates & differences
-
Thinking about an Elroq, but...
Just done a quote for late September and it's an additional £159, which seems fair enough when the value of the car is £45k
-
Thinking about an Elroq, but...
Well I've had a good look at two different versions of the 85 model. One was an SE L, the other was 85 Edition, neither were outstanding, but I had a look inside a Sportline one and that looked better, now will try getting Lookers to remove the MDP & GardX (£1100) from the quotes they've sent me. I can reallocate that to pay for the EV charger, getting that done could be fun my house being a Grade II* listed building! I've been offered the 2,9% PCP with a £3k deposit as a returning customer bonus or 0% loan, the PCP is easier & cheaper to do and I can repay it easily. Or should I do a 100% cash deal, where I'd need to find £20000 (which is more or less what my RS cost me when I did that deal) + another £2k. Just need to get some insurance quotes together to see how much it'll cost me.
-
Thinking about an Elroq, but...
Thanks for that information, most helpful. I'm going to have to wait a while if I want to try and tap into the mains as the ground is like concrete and impossible to dig with shovels or spades, so once we have a decent amount of rain that softens the ground I might be able to get our gardening team to dig a trench across the lawn about 12" deep so I can install a cable conduit (usually a heavy duty water pipe) and bury it in the trench up to a base of a redundant lamp post base, reuse that for a charger on a post.
-
Thinking about an Elroq, but...
Just got to deal with the Grade I I* listing issue though