Erm...flooding Felly, anyone?

Yeah, got a weird one...

I am 100% positive this is due to the kind of weather we had last night, but I got in my car about 10:30pm last night to pick the Mrs up from work (hadn't touched the car all day before this point) and when I put my feet down in the foot well I felt cold water and heard a deep sounding "Splosh". Turned on my interior light, the driver side foot well was under 3 - 4 inches of water. Looked around for leaks, couldn't see any. Passenger side and rear foot wells were bone dry but the car was sitting in the camber of the road, drivers side down towards the pavement so I'm guessing that's what saved my Mrs' feet.

Felt around a bit and all up the back of the dash was dripping wet, so the only conclusion I can come to is that water got into the air intake on the bonnet, as would usually happen in rainy weather, but the force of the winds pushed the water into places it wouldn't normally reach on a "normal" rainy day, and made it spill down behind where the blowers would usually meet the intake.

Does this sound feasible? Or do I have a duff Felly? Considering the week before last my Cat just snapped away from the rest of the exhaust for no apparent reason (wasn't actually as corroded as I had thought, apparently) and now this, do I just have a "trouble" version of what should normally be a reliable car? Should I take it back to where I bought it and tell them I want my money back? Because this is getting ridiculous! :rofl:

I can see the funny side now but after the year I've had (laid off twice, used to work in IT and now clean toilets part-time because the Jobcentre made me accept the first offer that came along...and the rest...), last night I was just getting to the end of my tether. Another massive kick in the balls, so to speak.:rotz: