19534 & 16502

Funkoid

Morning all Pulled out the drive this morning to find that I had the engine warning light on... a quick diag returned the following results..... Control Module Part Number: 06A 906 032 SJ Component and/or Version: 1.8L R4/5VT 0010 Software Coding: 11500 Work Shop Code: WSC 73430 Additional Info: TMBER41U9******** SKZ*********** 2 Faults Found: 19534 - Throttle Control; Airflow at idle too low P3078 - 35-00 - - 16502 - Engine Coolant Temp. Sensor (G62): Signal too High P0118 - 002 - ..... with regard to 19534 I understand I have to clean the throttle body which is file. I'm a little worried about the 16502 code though. After having a google i've found a few people that have put it down to the coolant level being just off the sensor and needing a little top up.... my level is sat just above the min line on the expansion tank when its not been running. Either way I've cleared the codes off, had a slow test drive all seemed fine. I then drove it 14 mile to work with and without a heavy foot and no issue! Not run a diagnostic off since but the engine management light is off and the car feels normal, i assume if it were a big issue both would return right away? *Edited to remove VIN and Immobiliser numbers*

Edited by fordfan

Thanks :) I've driven home and done another diag on it tonight to find the 16505 again so it looks like it'll need to be replaced, will have a look around for how to's in a min. I was planning on cleaning the throtle body anyway but will the 19534 be likely to return any time soon? edit - is there a part number handy anywhere!

The 19534 relates to insufficient air flow at idle, the 16502 relates to the coolant temperature sensor. I think that you are going in the right direction in cleaning the throttle body and replacing the temperature sensor.

I've edited your first post to oscure the VIN and Immobiliser numbers.

The 19534 relates to insufficient air flow at idle, the 16502 relates to the coolant temperature sensor. I think that you are going in the right direction in cleaning the throttle body and replacing the temperature sensor.

I've edited your first post to oscure the VIN and Immobiliser numbers.

oops!! Thanks! Didn't notice them in there!!

I replaced my temperature sender and two three days later all is still good, no error codes about anything.

One thing I am a little concerned about is the fact that when I used to start the engine the secondary air pump would kick in for about 60-120 seconds with revs sitting around 1200 then dropping.... this hasn't been happening since the sender went faulty nor has it it occured since it has been replaced.

The temp gauge on the dash is working fine although the car seems to be talking a while to warm up... that said it's been -3-0C opposed to 8-10C degress the last few days which will no doubt have something do with it. Either way I took a log from the start up to finish when I traveled to work today..... everything look normal to you? I tried to put markers in after the dash gauge started moving around the 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 marks.... everything after marker 9 can be ignored though.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mhdommnjvtn/LOG-01.csv

Am I right in thinking you were driving very carefully? Or is the journey to work a succession of traffic lights? (Big Grin icon)

Lol - Yeah meant to say it was icey as hell and the traffic was bad... only think i hit 3k once!