Battery Drain - Immobilise Immobilser

I have just replaced the battery in my Fabia 2005 for the 2nd time (ie this is the third battery). The car has done 20,000 miles.

As you will see I don't use my car much and find that batteries go flat after not much more than 2 weeks (depending on condition, weather etc).

It has been suggested to me that the immobiliser is drawing current from the battery while it's stood still (usually in the garage). Is there any way please to immobilise the immobiliser? Or could anyone offer any other solution to battery drain?

I'm aware of the Dis-car-nect type devices that are available but I don't want something that involved lifting the lid every time I park the car.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards to all.

FT

I'd check it's charging correctly first, and if so, make sure you drive it far enough to actually replace the charge that's lost when you start the engine. My car's been sat locked for months on end without any problems with battery drain, and it sounds to me as though the problems to do with REcharging rather than DIScharging. Otherwise, if it's garaged, you could always leave it unlocked in the garage (perhaps with a steering lock fitted) to see if that makes things any better?

Hi Frank, Had a similar problem with the wife's car , If left for over 3 weeks then battery would not have enough power to start the car , Checked for excess drain such as boot lights and glove box light staying on but could not find any reason apart from alarm . Bought a CTEK XS3600 battery charger/conditioner about two years ago and no more problems . It plugs into the cig lighter socket in the car and will keep the battery topped up. It is designed to be left on for weeks at a time and It has never let me down. Hope this helps