Central locking - Issues

Hi,

I have Skoda Fabia Comfort 1.4 2000.

It has a fault when locking, it locks all the doors and then the passenger door lock pops open. OOh. Locks fine with the key.

So changed the battery, now no central locking.

Had water ingress in the passenger side and put up a help with this issue http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/153416-leaking-water-ingress-funny-smell-inside-car/

I need to re sync the key fob. Other interesting that I can say about the fault is that relay makes noises when open the door and I'm finding that the Heated passenger mirror is taking or not working to clear the mist from it.

It may be all linked or something else can anyone help me please?

It was nice to lock my door using the key fob and the re-sync method does not work. Any help with that please?

Many thanks,

Andrew

The mirror may be suffering from a failed element - not a lot you can do: it's an age thing!

As for the RCL, if a hard reset when you replaced the battery didn't help, then a fault code scan is probably the first step to fixing it...

HTH

Could it cause the central locking to go funny, if the heating element has gone? Also could the water ingress into the foot well cause the fault as well to both the mirror and the central locking?

The link is to the water ingress is http://briskoda.net/...ell-inside-car/

Many thanks,

Andrew