Anyone put a TDI vRS Octavia on track?

My old Elise would happily take a day of abuse then drive home as though it had been to the shops.

I think it's time to see what the bog-standard PD vRS Estate is capable of. Now, it's a bit heavier than an Elise, so I'm guessing the brake's will take a beating. Anyone have advise on how much abuse the standard pads will take? Will they see a session through or fade half way through? What do they cost to replace?

How well does the engine cope with constant max acceleration? Does the turbo go pop? Does everything overheat? Anything I should take as a recommendation to back off?

No idea what a diesel will be like on track, but I'm hoping pretty good accelerating out of a corner, well, a fast corner at least, since the PD vRS is incapable of accelerating in 1st or 2nd without spinning the wheels uselessly. (although I'm hoping that it a symptom of the totally appaling 'Tomy My First Tyres' that are soon to be scheduled for destruction).

Cheers.