Insurance, very lucky

blueR36

I have a friend who is a car dealer and we tested a VW EOS, we went out on trade plates ,he said i am supposed to accompany you for the insurance but i trust you. Anyway we liked the car but wanted to look at the Fiat 500 as well,i know poles apart but the car was for my wife and she likes them both. Anyway after seeing the 500 and looking on the internet we realised what a good deal it was, so rung to say we would have the car.He answers with cant talk right now on a test drive in the Eos and have just been hit in the rear at 25 mph! It turns out he was in passenger seat with a lady driving and the husband and little girl in rear, stationary at lights, was hit at 25 mph by a Picasso who had not seen red lights or the car, the rear passengers were taken to hospital and both cars are written off ! good job it was not us earlier .

Ouch....that's not good! Were the lady and little girl kept in hospital, or was it just precautionary? Having suffered for years as a result of whiplash I can very much sympathise with them if that's the reason they were sent to hospital.

At least it's a fairly open and shut case in terms of liability

Edited by slicendice

They kept them in overnight, and yes it was whiplash and shock, they thought the other car was going over the top and the roof was down. The police were useless as well did not breathalise the other party nor do for due care and attention!

Edited by bluvrs2

• 3 weeks later...

Why we are about it ,cant we blame the change of Parliment, and the recent Dust Cloud, and anything that goes wrong in the next 500 years.on the Police!!!!!. Have you ever done the Job?.- so keep your thoughts to yourself, or get all the information before you comment!!!.

Edited by AndyPandy

I have all the information , and he has made a formal complaint to the police ,I am not tarring all Police with the same brush <you> but how is running into the back off someone who is stationary at a sett off red lights ,and not even touching the brakes, not due care and attention .If they had been in an older car they could have been killed . I also have Friends who are in the force, who think the same.I think if you had been the car it had hit ,you might have a different view? You must have chips on your shoulder not pips. Police are to serve and protect the community , and you get all the information before you comment.

Edited by bluvrs2

QUESTIONS:-

1. Did you attend the scene?.

2. Did you talk to all parties including any members of the public who may have seen it?

3. Did you take statements and do a sketch plan?

4. Did you examine the road surface ,and vehicle damage?

5. Did you take any photos or measurements?

6. Have you dealt with 1000's of road traffic accidents?

7. Have you ever attended Crown Courts to give evidence?

ANSWER:-

NO!! -

ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE DONE THE JOB ,CAN YOU MAKE VALID COMMENTS !!!!

Edited by AndyPandy

QUESTIONS:-

1. Did you attend the scene?.

2. Did you talk to all parties including any members of the public who may have seen it?

3. Did you take statements and do a sketch plan?

4. Did you examine the road surface ,and vehicle damage?

5. Did you take any photos or measurements?

6. Have you dealt with 1000's of road traffic accidents?

7. Have you ever attended Crown Courts to give evidence?

ANSWER:-

NO!! -

ONLY WHEN YOU HAVE DONE THE JOB ,CAN YOU MAKE VALID COMMENTS !!!!

So obviously Andy Pandy, I assume you are not on any type of Police/Public liaison committee?

Chill out man, you of all people should know that people make comments & statements that are more sensitised when they have been close to or involved in an accident (even if they are not there).

Try to be professional (yes I do see the police force as a profession), the comments were not directed at you personally...........

I dont think there is a chill pill big enough, this guy has got issues!Jumping to conclusoins as well , and yes to 6 of his points ,the police in this case did 1 ! I think i am going to get irate because someone complains about a meal , which i have not cooked , just to defend another chef who i don't know. The police friends I have are some of the most senior you can get , and I have chief Magistrates as friends and a Barrister uncle , be interested in his badge number he obviously is stressed out . ,and as Bandit rightly said I was not directing my comments at all Police as I said I have quite a few friends in the force and think 98% do a fantastic job!

Edited by bluvrs2