Rear washer jet

Hi all,

Picked my Fabia vrs up yesterday and came to use the rear wash wipe and found there to be no spray at all.

Sorted one problem as the pipe had popped off where it goes thru the bulkhead but......

upon spraying the jet went straight backwards, had a look to find the bit where the jet comes from has sheared off.

I have managed to source the part number which i think is 3B9 955 985A.

What kind of price am i looking at from the dealers? tried scouring the web but cant find anywhere.....

Cheers

Daz

I managed to break the little jet on my old SDI Fabia a while back (now have VRs).

I went to the dealers and the guys went......OOOOOH they are expensive! It was less than a quid plus VAT and he was just winding me up.

They are a push fit so you may have to pick the old bit out somehow. A good way wil be to find a drill bit that fits and run the drill backwards very slowly. This will grad the reamining plastic tube and pull it out.

Yeah my SDi is having the same trouble. The pump is working, but just leaving a puddle underneath the engine bay when I press it to squirt the back window. Im gonna have a look now, probably just the pipe has popped off like yours.

Ok reconnected the pipe at the bulkhead, but now washer fluid is just dripping out of the boot and not coming out of the washer jet, obviously something disconected behind there. How do you get the plastic boot trim/surround off? I tried prising it a little with a screw driver but had second thoughts as i dont want to damage the trim. Can anyone help me? cheers.

I've got the same problem. I noticed about a month ago that I seemed to be getting very little water out when I used the rear washers. Upon investigation, this proved to be because the nozzle had gone missing and the water was spraying onto the trim that covers the spindle and only the water that bounced off in the right direction made it to the window. On the plus side I bet that if I removed the cover I could do a great impression of a skunk and really surprise the cars behind! It's on the list to be looked at when the car goes in for it's final service before the warranty runs out.