Powersteering or not?

Hello

I was wondering if this car has the power steering at all?

My car is 2007 Superb V6 2.5TDI

Steering wheel is very hard. I tried golf VI this weekend and there I can turn the wheel with one finger...

Regards

well,

yes of course it will have power steering, i dont think there is many cars sold today without PS and im pretty sure the ones that are sold without it are crummy little econobox's from korea or india.

as to the heavy-ness..... well in my 1.9TDi i think the steering is quite heavy and dead feeling. it does feel a bit under assissted, but it helps alot on the motorway. this is a heavy car remember, and yours, with the V6 is even heavier. you got a big lump of an engine over the front wheels so thats going to make the PS system work hard..... you should try steering without the engine on....the wheel is very very hard to turn then!!!

so far as i can see, the heavy steering is just a trait of the car.... however if you think its overly heavy then have a check of the power steering fluid (im assuming this car still uses hydraulic PS), do you have enough? its not contaminated? or overly viscous?

failing that, the PS pump could be on its way out...

with the golf, was it a diesel? and its a MK6.... brand spankin, latest tech, it likely has electric power steering which can easily vary power assistance levels, i.e. at low speeds its highly assisted to help the driver maneuver round tight bends, this mode can feel eerily light.... and you can do it with your pinky finger. at higher speeds, the assistance drops and the steering becomes more weighty for high speed driving.

my civic has electric PS and while it doesnt vary its assistance, it is miles lighter than the superbs.

the superb MK1 was about when the gold MK4 was still current so it wouldnt have had access to such tech for the price.... as comparison, pretty much all the octavia's i tried before i bought my superb had heavy steering, thats diesels (1.9 110bhp) and petrols (1.8T 155bhp)