£7000 Detail?

Rhoobarb

I caught this yesterday - I didn't read it all though.. but I love the quotes.

"£8,000 Brazilian wax"

Damn - he is multi-talented and expensive.

and..

"If one of my customers wants to respray a million pound car it could cost them up to £100,000.

"Give it to me for a couple of weeks, I'll charge a fraction of the price and it will look even better."

What - you can turn my Black Ferrari Enzo, Red at a fraction of the cost? (disclaimer: I do not, nor ever have, owned a Ferrari of any model / colour).

Also - do I get a free air freshner with that? My local Wash-n-Scrub gives them away with any service over £9 :p

Edited by HotRod

I caught this yesterday - I didn't read it all though.. but I love the quotes.

"£8,000 Brazilian wax"

Damn - he is multi-talented and expensive.

Maybe its performed on the bonnet of a Veyron, hence the cost? :giggle:

Massive discussions about this over on DW with a few people being a bit silly and upset, worth bearing in mind that as with most newspaper stories it's all about catching the eye over the next tabloid............. :wonder:

£7k for 250 Hours work in the grand scheme of things only works out to be £28p/hour, something I am sure most detailer's charge.

Also worth knowing that Miracle Detail were in the press only last month with a similar detail and price tag.

Seen a lot of Gurcharn over on 911uk.com and his work is excellent, fair play to the guy I say........... :thumbup:

Massive discussions about this over on DW with a few people being a bit silly and upset, worth bearing in mind that as with most newspaper stories it's all about catching the eye over the next tabloid............. :wonder:

£7k for 250 Hours work in the grand scheme of things only works out to be £28p/hour, something I am sure most detailer's charge.

Also worth knowing that Miracle Detail were in the press only last month with a similar detail and price tag.

Seen a lot of Gurcharn over on 911uk.com and his work is excellent, fair play to the guy I say........... :thumbup:

Is the squabling on this just about the total cost? Coming from someone who isnt in the 'biz' I was more shocked by the amount of time spent to generate that sum. In your opinion Baker, is there enough things to work on to justify 250 hours for 1 detail? After reading a lot of your details, you put a lot of hard work into it and give excellent results but dont take that long. Im not doubting his results look good, but If you were working on a filthy Veyron and were doing your best work, could you find enough jobs to do to justify a 250 hour receipt for it?

Is it actual work time or does that include drying time, etc.

Im just curious as to if its value for money or another case of rich people throwing money at things with no common sense...

:wonder:

....if the news is close to correct figures of course, like you said, headlines, etc.

Oh and what sort of wax costs £8000 per tub?

Edited by Rhoobarb

Is the squabling on this just about the total cost? Coming from someone who isnt in the 'biz' I was more shocked by the amount of time spent to generate that sum. In your opinion Baker, is there enough things to work on to justify 250 hours for 1 detail? After reading a lot of your details, you put a lot of hard work into it and give excellent results but dont take that long. Im not doubting his results look good, but If you were working on a filthy Veyron and were doing your best work, could you find enough jobs to do to justify a 250 hour receipt for it?

Is it actual work time or does that include drying time, etc.

Im just curious as to if its value for money or another case of rich people throwing money at things with no common sense...

:wonder:

....if the news is close to correct figures of course, like you said, headlines, etc.

Oh and what sort of wax costs £8000 per tub?

Various arguements on DW, people being jealous in my opinion but also a lot of people just winding each other up over it, there have been so many threads on it that they had to close a lot of them down and then make this one:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=177802

I do what I can in a day and that's all I can offer, my work is not 100% but to a level that I am happy with, the type of work Gurcharn does, along with many Pros does allow him to spend a lot more time on the car. Plenty of detailers offer such services and if you can get the work then it's nice to spend as long as you need on the car, they have the technology and the tools to take the paintwork to better than factory and for me I guess if you had that sort of money then it's just a case of saying 'I had this done'...........is it worth it? Well I can't comment, does it look any different, again I can't comment but one thing is for sure, his results speak for themselves........ :thumbup:

Oh and to answer your question about the wax, if he had been quick enough he could have bought this one:

http://www.zymol.co.uk/zymolsolaris.aspx

As it happens he has this one, which is refillable for life:

http://www.zymol.co.uk/zymolroyaleglaze44oz.aspx

Either way, if you think about it, it's a good investment and having only ever used Zymol Glasur, I don't know how good the Royale is, Glasur is great so I can only imagine what the Royale is like.............. :p

Various arguements on DW, people being jealous in my opinion but also a lot of people just winding each other up over it, there have been so many threads on it that they had to close a lot of them down and then make this one:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=177802

Jealousy can be a terrible thing, hes doing a lot of peoples dream job it would seem.

Just Wow!

Can you not just buy a tub of Royale. Scoop it out into another container and sell, then get a re-fill, then repeat? :D

I don't know how it works mate at all, as I don't have the luxury of being able to afford that amount of money but I guess you may be able to do that............. :rofl:

Jealousy can be a terrible thing, hes doing a lot of peoples dream job it would seem.

Just Wow!

Sure can mate............. :yes:

:o

Can you not just buy a tub of Royale. Scoop it out into another container and sell, then get a re-fill, then repeat? :D

That seems a tad naughty to me.