emissions workshop

Hi,

i have this message on my dash, this is after i have had the egr valve replaced, but the funny point is that the warning only comes on when the ambient temperature reaches 27 deg and then goes off when the temperature drops below 22 deg.

i was told by someone on the forum that initially before i changed the egr valve that there is a temp sensor mounted at the back of the engine cylinder head near the bulkhead drivers side, but the dealers know nothing of this, could somepne please upload a photo showing the location of this sensor and if anyone knows why the ambient temperature affects the dash warning lights, i would be very grateful

thanks

dobie

Hi,

i have this message on my dash, this is after i have had the egr valve replaced, but the funny point is that the warning only comes on when the ambient temperature reaches 27 deg and then goes off when the temperature drops below 22 deg.

i was told by someone on the forum that initially before i changed the egr valve that there is a temp sensor mounted at the back of the engine cylinder head near the bulkhead drivers side, but the dealers know nothing of this, could somepne please upload a photo showing the location of this sensor and if anyone knows why the ambient temperature affects the dash warning lights, i would be very grateful

thanks

dobie

That'll be the bunny doing it, if you look down behind the left side of the engine you can see it, it should be green, I did a full how 2 in the other section if that helps.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/152784-coolant-temp-sensor/

Edited by Supurbia

That'll be the bunny doing it, if you look down behind the left side of the engine you can see it, it should be green, I did a full how 2 in the other section if that helps.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/152784-coolant-temp-sensor/

Thanks, will check out the coolant sensor, would you happen to have a photo locating the other sensor supposedly mounted at the back of the cyclinder head under a black cover?

cheers

Thanks, will check out the coolant sensor, would you happen to have a photo locating the other sensor supposedly mounted at the back of the cyclinder head under a black cover?

cheers

I'm afraid not, but it's a mid green colour, and about the size of a 4 knob lego brick, cable attached to it, and held by a horse shoe clip, take the engine cover off and look straight down at the back behine the EGR valve, you can't miss it, it could be black, there are two colours, although Green is the most popular one, if the new one is blue take it back, it's a fuel sensor.