Dog guard for Scout

My Dealer has told me that to supply (and fit) a dog guard to my Scout is £165, which to me seems steep.

The equivalent Travall guard seems to be £119.

Having searched on Briskoda the Travall guards seem to be respected. Has anyone fitted a travall to their Octavia, or have an opinion on the official Skoda one?

My Dealer has told me that to supply (and fit) a dog guard to my Scout is £165, which to me seems steep.

The equivalent Travall guard seems to be £119.

Having searched on Briskoda the Travall guards seem to be respected. Has anyone fitted a travall to their Octavia, or have an opinion on the official Skoda one?

You can buy the Skoda original accessory item for £102 inc. VAT.

Then with the help of people on this forum to explain the instructions, (which are anything but clear!) you can fit it in around 30-40 minutes - job done.

I speak from experience.

John.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Does the genuine Skoda fit without any modification to the interior? and does it need removing if you drop the seats?

One of the impoertant aspects of the original guard is that you can still use the lretracting load cover.

The only slight problem is the the guard fouls the lift up cover top the tray that sits under the cover.

You can fold the seats dowen to slide long loads under the guard, no problem.

To fit the uprights, they clamp onto load retaining loops on the floor - if you have a false floor, then you have to remove the side skids to get access to fit and tighten the clamps.

To remove the skids, you need to twist 1/2 turn on the big rtings in the narrow section on outside of the skids.

Hope this makes sense!

John.

Kind of.

It sounds like you're happy with yours. If so, I'll look at getting theskodashop's guard and fit it myself.

Hi,

Yes I am happy with mine - its a bit of a puzzle to initially fit, but onnce done its great.

By the way, if you need to remove it to use the full load space, it only requires 2 plastic knob headed screws to be undone, then it just unslots from the lower locating lugs and lifts out - about 2 mins work

If you want to see an image of it, go to Skoda UK web site, Dowload brochure and Octavia accessories.

Skoda Part No: DMM 620 001 £104.00 inc VAT from your nearest Skoda dealer (probably have to order it, but usually for next da\y collection).

John.

Hi,

Yes I am happy with mine - its a bit of a puzzle to initially fit, but onnce done its great.

By the way, if you need to remove it to use the full load space, it only requires 2 plastic knob headed screws to be undone, then it just unslots from the lower locating lugs and lifts out - about 2 mins work

If you want to see an image of it, go to Skoda UK web site, Dowload brochure and Octavia accessories.

Skoda Part No: DMM 620 001 £104.00 inc VAT from your nearest Skoda dealer (probably have to order it, but usually for next da\y collection).

John.

Sweet.

Cheers John.

Just be aware that the guard seems to double in size the moment you get it out of the car and try to store it somewhere!!!

Too true - I must say that I do like the guard on the Volvo V70 that swivels up out of the way aginst the headliner.

That is good design where someone has actually taken the trouble to think about how a vehicle might be used!

John.