Neighbour's Octavia 2 Ambiente

An elderly neighbour of mine has a late 2004 54 plate Octavia 2 in black. It's in absolutely immaculate condition, inside and out, having only done 34000 miles.

It's an Ambiente 1.9TD.

He's thinking of part ex-ing it but doesn't know what it's worth, so asked me.

I don't have clue. This isn't a sly attempt to sell, as he's intent on part ex-ing it; but doesn't want to get ripped off by local dealers.

Anyone know what it's worth please?

Glass's say:

Skoda Octavia Ambiente

1.9TD Diesel 5-door Hatchback

5 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive

Year: 2004 54

Mileage: 34,000

Part-exchange Price:

Excellent condition:

£4120

Average condition:

£3710

Below average condition:

£3320

Seems a little low to me personally, but then it's a fairly standard model. That's some info anyway, so I'd go and see what the dealer will offer as a starting value. Or money off whatever's he buying. It's the cost to change I'd always look at, rather than specifically at the PX value.

Steve

FYI, if it's a 'late' 2004, the 2005-54 value in ex condition (which sounds like it is) is £4500, which seems quite a jump to me. But more like I was thinking of for the age and mileage.

Anyway, hope that helps :)

Steve