TDI 90 clutch slipping

AJB

I've got a 90 bhp TDI Octavia I. On the way home from work today the clutch slipped briefly a few times at about 2000rpm in 4th & 5th. It's never done this before. The pedal still feels completely normal, and it still pulls away completely normally.

It's only done about 74000 miles and, although that's mostly country roads rather than motorways, I've had it from new & the clutch has never been abused at all.

So the question is, could there be something wrong with hydraulics, pedal, etc., causing the slip, or do these clutches just not last as long as I was expecting them to...

Thanks,

Alan

Edited by AJB

No cables on these as they are hydraulic , sorry

So no adjustment

it will be requiring a new clutch , possibly dual mass flywheel too

I would do the VR6 clutch kit if I was you , and do the single mass conversion

That is what I will do on my Fabia and my fella will be doing on his Octy 90bhp diesel

His is on 160k miles , and it is just the flywheel that has gone

it all depends on how it has been driven I am afraid , with them being hydraulic , it does not take long to kill them off

Sarah