1.2tsi doubts dispelled

7029bob

Hi all

Collected my Yeti 1.2tsi S ex demo yesterday from "Savilles" of Kidderminster and to say I'm pleased would be a understatement.

Having had strong doubts about the capability and longlevity of such a small engine I was pleasantly surprised on the test drive,bearing in mind the low mileage (250)

that engine was lively and gave the impression of plenty in reserve.

I was also impressed with the quality of the interior and the leval of accessories in such a low spec model.

All in all my mind was pretty well made up bearing in mind the waiting list for a new model and this was the colour (Steel Grey) that I would have chosen anyway ,but the biggest factor was that the wife liked it.

So after a bit of reasonable bargining on both sides the deed was done.

After owning quite a few so say prestige cars in the past I'm over the moon with my Yeti and honestly feel this has brought a bit of enthusiasm and enjoyment back into my motoring.

I do realize that it is still early to pass a opinion but at the moment I can't fault any aspect of the car.

A big thank you to Ian and all the staff at "Savilles" who did everything possible to make parting with my Roomy Scout and money as painless as poss.

7029bob

11500 miles on my 1.2TSi and still impressed. Engine sweet as a nut. Economy settled down to an average of 40-41mpg. Best Tankful 46mpg.

Willing and pretty good overtaking. 3rd gear is strong from 35mph all the way to 80 so a great overtaking gear. Will be towing soon so we'll see what guts it really has. Not expecting too much but we'll see.

11500 miles on my 1.2TSi and still impressed. Engine sweet as a nut. Economy settled down to an average of 40-41mpg. Best Tankful 46mpg.

Willing and pretty good overtaking. 3rd gear is strong from 35mph all the way to 80 so a great overtaking gear. Will be towing soon so we'll see what guts it really has. Not expecting too much but we'll see.

towing what? i have wondered about a small modern caravan myself :thumbup:

Hi

Thanks to all for the replies, most encouraging .

Hoping to get away next week for a break in Lincolnshire so will probably put about 5or 6 hundred on the clock which will give me a better idea of what to expect in mpg and performance .

Being a bit of a pessimist I always treat stated mpg and given stats with a bit of caution , although with the roomy 1.4tdi 80bhp I got 58mpg on a trip to Ireland this year and this was fully loaded with fishing gear and to which the wife also says I've got lead in my right boot.

As the Yeti is the 1st petrol car I've owned for quite a few years it will be interesting to see the results, but quite willing to sacrifice a bit of economy for the added comfort and enjoyment I've had in the short time I've owned my Yeti.

I would certainly accept anything 38mpg or over.

I don't know about towing as one member mentioned, don't think I could muster enough bottle for that ,but I do wish you all the luck in the world and it would be interesting to hear any feedback on this subject.

7029bob

Hi!

Congratulations to your new car. I have put around 4k mailes on mine since end june and very please with the engine. The consumption (at least for me) seems to be a bit higher than I had expected, but then it's mostly running downtown commuting with the odd strech of highway cruising. But it's more than adequate for the car, and I have still to find a situation when I would have needed more oomph. I have the DSG which is very good at keeping the revs as low as possible but switching down when more power is needed.

A short comment on towing: at least towing a 5 meter open aluminium boat on a trailer (including pulling it out of the water) was no sweat for my SM. I might not be wanting to drive through Europe towing something heavy, but for the occasional towing also the 1.2 works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never towed before and didn't know what I might be towing until i visited the Caravan show in Bham this week!

We have ordered a Sprite Finesse 2 as our first 'van. It weighs in at 1150kg Maximum laden weight which is just within

the legal towing Max of 1200kg for the 1.2TSi

We'll have to wait until April next year for delivery so I won't be able to report how thw SM handles it until then (and me for

that matter)