Skip to content

nbramwel

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I went directly to the Wheel Shop in Manchester for my spare wheel and tools. Very helpful and delivered in a couple of days.
  2. I had 1.0 litre Octavia a few years ago. Did the occasional run to the airport with 5 up and stuffed with suitcases. No problems at all.
  3. I had the 1.0 litre SE Drive with 17" wheels before I bought my present 1.5 litre SE L Edition with 18" wheels a few weeks ago. I thought the SE Drive was the most comfortable car I have ever had. The SE L Edition is certainly on a par and probably that bit better but not a lot in it. Never driven a Sportline so can't comment on that. But if it has diamond cut wheels which I think it has, I would steer well clear.
  4. I am just about getting to know how to delete previous Sat Nav destinations. But sometimes, the Sat Nav thinks I want to go to the destination when I touch it to delete it and it starts up again. I can't seem to find a way to tell it to stop so that I can try to delete it again without switching the whole thing off, waiting for 20 minutes than trying again. Is there a simple way to tell it to stop and that I don't want to go to the destination again? Thanks.
  5. Thanks to all. Reading the comments in this thread, I realised I was kicking under the rear bumper but not stepping back. I think I have got the hang of it now so thank you all again.
  6. nbramwel replied to gwm97e's topic in Škoda Scala
    Try Blackrod Service (or MOT) Station. Have used them in the past for MOTs and service/repair work. Have always been fine to deal with.
  7. Yes you have to 'withdraw' from the finance agreement within the first 14 days, not cancel it. My interest payment was £9.48 for 3 days. All straightforward enough.
  8. I purchased my Karoq 1.5 DSG SE L at the end of July 2026. The car was pre registered on 31 March 2026 and I believe it was built in January 2026. Skoda Customer Services tell me it has what they call virtual pedal electric tailgate operation but I'm not at all sure. Easy Open is selected in the settings but I cannot get the tailgate to open using my foot. I have looked underneath the rear bumper for some sort of sensor but can't see anything. I can't get at a January 2026 brochure to check but I can see the virtual pedal is shown in the latest brochure. It could be that Customer Services are quoting from this brochure rather than the January 2026 one. I don't know if the virtual pedal was specd in the early 2026 brochure, I'm not doing something right or it simply doesn't work. Can anyone throw any light on this and if I'm not doing something right, where am I going wrong? Thanks.
  9. I picked up a pre reg Karoq three weeks ago. The deal (running from July to September 2026 I believe) was a payment of £249 from myself. In return, I got 2 services in March 2027 and March 2028, a £400 dealer contribution towards the cost of the car, 2 years roadside assistance from the date of purchase and 2 MOTs when due. Before buying, I confirmed with Skoda Financial Services that I would not lose the incentives if I paid off the HP agreement within the first 14 days. I did this after a few days and have since received written confirmation from Skoda that the incentives are still valid. A stupid way to do business if you ask me but the arrangements are set by Skoda and you have to work things to your advantage.
  10. My experience of the major tyre fitting places is that they don't want to do a repair. Instead they want to fit a new trye even though the faulty one is repairable. I always go to my local independent tyre fitting place which is more or less within walking distance. Never had a problem with them.
  11. My local independent did mine on my previous Karoq. It was something like £35 if I remember correctly. Skoda dealers simply don't deserve our custom except for warranty work.
  12. I bought a space saver spare wheel from the Wheel Shop when I got my Karoq with 17" wheels. I was confused over which size spare to buy so rang them. They advised me to buy the 18" space saver which I did. I have used it a couple of times without any problems. I am changing my car tomorrow for another Karoq which has 18" wheels and intend putting the 18" spare I bought from the Wheel Shop in that car. Anything bigger than 18" will not fit in the wheel well nor will a full size spare without lifting the boot floor higher. You don't get the foam surround for the various tools but they fit neatly into the fabric bag supplied. This fits into one of the storage compartments in the boot. I found the Wheel Shop good to deal with and helpful. Hope this helps.
  13. Look at 'the wheel shop' web site. They supply spares together with a jack and wheel wrench but not the foam surround although you do get a bag to put everything in. I have found them very helpful and far cheaper than Skoda.
  14. I've had the software update message as well more or less everyday for the past month or so. I select update now but it doesn't seem to do anything. The message just comes back the following day. The software on Skodas doesn't seem to work very well at all.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.