superb 1 automatic gearbox problems

Hi ,

Did you manage to sort your problem out?

I have had the same problem now

Please help

Thanks

oh boy ....i guess i have this same issue too with my 2.5 v6 auto ...i was going to start an other thread to discuss about it .. maybe i l do that after taking the car to Skoda and running a diagnostics. at the moment ..all the shift lights P R N D 4 5 6 is all lit up ....even when the shifter is on Drive or Reverse or Neutral ..all the indicators are on ...and my god there is no power output...it feels like the cars just dragging but al the gears shifts ..1 2 3 4 5 ....but it takes time ....the RPM rises if i put the peddle to the floor ...the car engine rises due to that but only goes in a slow pace....slowing climbing the speedo .!! i dont kno what to do with it !! i used to enjoy htting 200 - 230 km in the highways ..but now getting up to 100 itself is a pain . I do not know if its because my transmission oil and filter needs change ...i believe its less ! ..havent checked it ... but yeah ... i am in constant pain ..as of now cos of this ..and i love my car a lot ...if only i knew what to do with it..... 

Your gearbox is in failsafe mode I think - it will be stuck in 3rd or 4th gear which is just meant to get you home / to a garage.  You shouldn't really continue to drive it until you work out what is wrong. 

There is an ECU for the gearbox - called the TCM or transmission control module - which is located under the front right seat (UK driver's side).  If you hook up diagnostic cable you should be able to query the TCM and find out what is wrong if there is something internal to the gearbox / valve body / torque converter.  If you can't talk to the TCM, or the TCM can't talk to the gearbox, it could be water damaged.  These cars take on water like a broken boat.  Passenger side is more common (where it damages the convenience module in charge of lights etc), but worth checking for water.