FABIA II MIRROR CAP REMOVAL

Guest k2sse

emoticon-0140-rofl.gifHi

Can anyone help looking for some advice photos or link to guide to dismantle Fabia 5J door mirror in order to repaint cap?

any help appreciated?

ANYBODY GOT A CLUE??

Stuart

Edited by k2sse

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I am in the same position,I have a damaged mirror cap on my fabia vrs 2005 and cannot figure out how to remove the old one.

Chaz

emoticon-0140-rofl.gifHi

Can anyone help looking for some advice photos or link to guide to dismantle Fabia 5J door mirror in order to repaint cap?

any help appreciated?

ANYBODY GOT A CLUE??

Stuart

One the Mk I Fabia you had to prise the mirror glass off first. I think you had to pull the glass down from the top then it unclipped. Once the glass was removed you could see three screws that held the cap to the mirror body.

One the Mk I Fabia you had to prise the mirror glass off first. I think you had to pull the glass down from the top then it unclipped. Once the glass was removed you could see three screws that held the cap to the mirror body.

Done it!Like you said the mirror has to come off first.It is only clipped on and mine came away with a lot of even pressure top and bottom.Because my existing mirror cover was damaged anyway I used tinsnips to cut away enough to get a good hold on the mirror.This exposes two screws holding the mirror base to the mirror cover after these have been removed it is just a case of applying upward pressure while jiggling a little to remove the mirror cover.

Not the age old trick of going out on a friday night, getting absolutely blistered, walking past said mirror and giving it a good old punt with your size nine doc martens, then?

thought this was a failsafe!! :giggle: