Yup, It's another "Pull to the Left" thread

Rob.

So as we all know by now the Fabia likes the left.. or at least, the camber, quite allot.

Thing is, I had my alignment done last week (it was out, NSF). When it came back it felt great again, a little pull but it had stopped trying to throw me at each and every kerb. Infact, you get so used to the pull that you forget how it should really feel.

When I had it done I had a Toyo with 5mm on the rear drivers side, on an alloy. And on the passenger side rear was the spare.. so, I dunno.. 10mm? Whatever they have when new, on the steel.

The fronts had 6-7mm each both on Toyo's on alloys.

... Thing is, I've had some Khumo 31's put on the rear now and the alloy put back on. The pull to the lefts quite strong again now, like it was before the alignment??? Is it the new tyres or is something else going on?

Why? The only other factor I should mention is the fronts were on 33/34psi and the rears 29/30psi.

I inflated the fronts to 37 and the rears to 34 almost immediately after the Khumos went on.. I'm wondering if I should let them back down? I mean, isn't Skoads stated psi 34/30? 37/34 is what I've come to feel worked better for the life of the tyres.... but now I'm wondering if it's been exaggerating the pull because it changes the shape of the tyre a little, doesn't it?

I'm not in the car today as going out after work... Other wise I'd have tried letting them back down this morning.

Anyone know of pressures effecting tracking behavior? Or have I managed to some how knock the alignment back out in a week flat?

Edited by Rob.

..... I had the two drop links re-newed just before the alignment as well to stop a rattly knock I get every so often.

Still got the rattly knock.. suspect the top mount now... could a bad-ish top mount keep messing with the alignment?

Edited by Rob.

Got the exact same wih mine mate.

Had new drop links and straight away was pulling to the left. Had the tracking done and it was found to be 1 degree out. Not much if you ask me and the car still pulled slightly to the left but not as bad as before the service.

Last week I had 4 new Rainsport 2s on and the pulling to the left is as bad as ever. Got the garage to check it and he said it's all straight and can't see anything wrong.

I've also had cupra bushes done so it can't be them. Problem started as soon as I had the drop links done when chasing the infamous "rattle". Well, the rattle must be pi55ing itself now because it's still there and the car wants to hump every curb it sees.

I'm sure I read on here that it could be the top mounts or ARB bushes that could cause this. I've also seen a thread with the exact same symtoms as mine and it was only solved with a new steering rack!

If you fix it be sure to let us know.

• 2 weeks later...