Parking/Side Lights

Does anyone know how to chage the side/parking light bulbs? I have taken the headlight unit out having readome of the other threads on this site, however I cannot see how to get in to the small black rectangular casing that I think holds the bulbs.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, did you manage to do this? Or still need help? I changed mine, some threads say to remove the dipped beam headlight levelling motor, but I found if I rotated the sidelights holder 90 degrees I could then remove them with a pair of needlenose pliers, it's then just a case of pushing everything back in place having replaced the lamps. I'd rather not remove anything I didn't have to!

• 2 weeks later...

I can't be the only person to be really struggling to change these blinking side lights, can I?

Removing the headlamp unit - no problem.

Disconnecting the plug to the unit and accessing the rear of the bulbs - no problem.

Actually cramming my fingers or ends of pliers into the space around the sidelight and getting enough grip to pull the thing out? Impossible.

Any tips? Or do I have to admit defeat and take it to a Skoda garage for them to use their resident Chinese midget to get at it?

I can't be the only person to be really struggling to change these blinking side lights, can I?

Removing the headlamp unit - no problem.

Disconnecting the plug to the unit and accessing the rear of the bulbs - no problem.

Actually cramming my fingers or ends of pliers into the space around the sidelight and getting enough grip to pull the thing out? Impossible.

Any tips? Or do I have to admit defeat and take it to a Skoda garage for them to use their resident Chinese midget to get at it?

As a follow-up: it only took an hour, lots of swearing, but finally pulled the stupid bulb holder out and swapped the lamp.

Just in case anyone is wondering, having looked at it with the lamp holder out, there doesn't seem to be any specific orientation necessary for removal. The clips can be in any position - but you do need to pull fairly hard. Putting it back required fairly firm force.

I have taken these out many times (to fit LED sidelights for owners).

IMHO the best way is to use a thin flat-bladed screwdriver. GENTLY pull on the sidelight holder wires, then use the screwdriver to alternately compress the holder 'ears' in turn, until it releases and pulls out. Still takes a couple of minutes though!