ESC warning light

Hi guys. My ESC ? warning light came on last weekend after car had been parked for couple of days. Thought it must be temp related and a frozen sensor etc but it is still on now. I have driven 50 mile round trips to/from work a few times and thought the heat generated may have solved the problem but it hasn't. Is it probably a temp issue or likely something more sinister? Cheers.

Hi guys. My ESC ? warning light came on last weekend after car had been parked for couple of days. Thought it must be temp related and a frozen sensor etc but it is still on now. I have driven 50 mile round trips to/from work a few times and thought the heat generated may have solved the problem but it hasn't. Is it probably a temp issue or likely something more sinister? Cheers.

Hi, I think you meant the ESP warning light in the speedo, the one with the car and wavy lines, this is indeed the ESP warning light and has 2 modes. If it is flashing then it is telling you that the traction control and stability program are working in dodgy conditions. If the light is continuously lit then it indicates a fault in the control system. If it remains lit then the best thing to do is to find someone local to you with the necessary VCDS program and connections to find the fault code. There are quite a few people on here who would be willing to do so for a few beer tokens.

Ian.

Hi, I think you meant the ESP warning light in the speedo, the one with the car and wavy lines, this is indeed the ESP warning light and has 2 modes. If it is flashing then it is telling you that the traction control and stability program are working in dodgy conditions. If the light is continuously lit then it indicates a fault in the control system. If it remains lit then the best thing to do is to find someone local to you with the necessary VCDS program and connections to find the fault code. There are quite a few people on here who would be willing to do so for a few beer tokens.

Ian.

Cheers. Did fear a trip to the dealer. If anyone on here has the VCDS program mentioned and lives in the Hull area then let me know on this thread and I will keep an eye out. One of the mods used to live and work in hull as a Master tech. Don't know if he is still around on here???

The 'ASR' light flashes if the wheels are spinning on mine. And remains lit constantly if the system is switched off. But probably defaults to the on position.