Headlight upgrade

I bet some of the people that are so perfect are the same ones with bigger brake kits and other mods fitted to their car's. Would an eagle eyed insurance agent spot these as well or would the slip his eye?

As the man said, pay your money and take your chance. You may be lucky you may not. It's unlikely that the person that hits you during the day will say that he was blinded by the light. If the one that hits you at night says that, I can guarantee you, odds of 100-1, that the adjuster, or even her majesty's finest, will have at look at your headlights. If the accident immobilised your car, they won't be dropping it off on your drive so you can "adjust" it, especially if there were injuries arising. It'll be in a locked compound.

My last insurance company considered locking nuts on the Felly Fun to be a modification and if I used them, without informing them, it would invalidate the insurance. Fairly sure adding illegal HIDs would do pretty much the same.

In the current climate: *any* excuse to pursue you for the entire amount or not to pay out. Hell, it's your risk, just let me know when you're driving through Kent. :rofl: :rofl:

.....in fact, if you're that confident, why bother having insurance in the first place? :| :|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, whilst we're here though, 60w+ lights are legal.........you just need a car registered before 1st April 1986 (IIRC). I used to have a 1985 Renault 9 with twin headlights, fogs and secondary driving lights, at 130w each, relayed to use all 8 as the "push" main-beam (interesting little roads I had to drive down). Over 1000w, legally, on the road. Even those nasty, noisey, two-wheeled things would return to dipped beam once flashed. ;) ;)

Gave the term "night breaker" a whole new meaning :giggle: :giggle:

Edited by RainbowFore

• 5 years later...