Wheels offset question

elegance1.8T

Have just won some Audi TT alloys off ebay and after bidding noticed that the offset is ET32 whereas on my car i'm sure it's ET35.

Does this make a big difference and more importantly will they fit, without spacers, and are spacers safe?

Why don't the VW/Audi group all have the same fittings surely it'd be cheaper for them!!

std rims are et 38

i thought the tt ones were et 30 tbh... but dont worry they fit fine... 225-45-17 is a must as they are 8" wide if they are the same as mine.

the increased track improves stability at the expence of a little extra aero drag...

Just checked and mine are 7.5" wide with 225/45's on but need new tyres, don't need 4o profile as i have a proper sized car. lmao!

Rob, have moved again now and am working in Stratford-Upon-Avon, damn that Shakespere bloke if it weren't for him this place would be like a ghost town!!

Take care