Improved sound insulation in the Yeti (and Superb) from production week 01-11?

Nolhott

There is information on a Swedish Skoda forum that states that the sound insulation has been improved on the Yeti starting from first weeks production this year. The information claims that it will be improved even further from this week on. The information comes from several dealers here.

Is it true? Does anyone here knows anything more about this? (The Plumber?).

/Stephan

Had a look in the parts book, nothing showing in the sound damping section for either the Yeti or Superb. Last Change to the Yeti was August 2010, although the Superb is showing a possible update due in March this year.

Hope that's of help,

TP

I have also heard of improved sound insulation on some models, but can't remember which models or when the change would take place..

These changes doesn't have to aply to all markets..

I really don't see the need for more sound insulation on the Yeti. I think it's quiet and comfy as it is (if I rule out the creaks and squeaks :giggle: )

Had a look in the parts book, nothing showing in the sound damping section for either the Yeti or Superb. Last Change to the Yeti was August 2010, although the Superb is showing a possible update due in March this year.

Hope that's of help,

TP

Thanks TP. Could it be only for the Swedish (Scandinavian) market since we are driving around all winter with noisy winter tyres? (often spiked, and yes, winter tyres are mandatory here in Sweden winterime). Would you also see that in the parts book, even if it's only for a few markets?

The strange thing is that on the Skoda Club of Sweden´s forum they are discussing it as if it's a shure thing. I´ll check with the Skoda Sweden if they can confirm it.

/Stephan

I have received an answer from Skoda Sweden regarding the improved sound insulation of the Yeti and the Superb. Here is the English translation of that.

"Hi,

Thanks for your email dated 2011-02-10.

The Skoda Superb and Skoda Yeti has indeed been improved regarding the interior acoustic characteristics, this due to the continuous development of the car. This improvement is valid from January 2011 for the Superb and February 2011 for the Yeti and can´t be applied to existing cars.

These improvements are not described in detail by the manufacturer in Czech Republic as this is an action that falls within the framework of continuous development of car models. Skoda had obviously developed a retrofit kit for sound insulation if it had had a positive effect on interior noise of existing cars.

As far as we understand it's cars for the Nordic / Scandinavian that will get this improvement first and other markets will follow as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Sami

Skoda Sweden

Customer Service"

/Stephan