Squeal from my new VRS

Only had my petrol VRS for 2 weeks but last night and this morning I've noticed a high pitched squeal coming from the engine. You can here it in the cabin but it much louder when outside this is all when the car is stationary. Turned radio/light air-con off but the only way the sound stops is when the engine is off.

Any thoughts, I'm contacting the dealer this morning but just wondering what's might be the cause.

Thanks

Chris

Had the high pitched whine on my vRS TSi too (about a week after collecting it). Seemed to occur when the engine reached 70-80oC. Was about to head to the dealer but then it disappeared at about 800 miles (now on 1100).

Found the odd mention of the issue when searching. Think the verdict was a secondary coolant pump driven by an accessory belt under the engine cover (see http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/189083-whistling-from-engine/).

It was pretty annoying, hope it doesn't come back :o

I had the same problem and posted this a few weeks ago, it's a very loud high pitch whistle is the best way to describe it, took it into the dealer and they were not much help so got the wife onto it as working bad shifts at the mo, just heard that they are having the car for two days next week for a ful check etc in order t sort the problem, on closer examination I would say the sound on mine is coming from the right hand side of the main block if that makes sense, I had only got 500 miles on the clock when we first noticed it, dealer all the way I suggest

• 3 weeks later...

Well it took long enough but the whistle/squeal from the engine was from a hairline crack in the intake manifold, which has now been replaced, if this is happening to more and more then I suggest this is a problem with manufacture, they also replaced vacum valve but reduced the sqeal to start with.