Sony HU and Octavia Steering controls

A follow up from my previous posting, and I realise it's a bit difficult without seeing what's going on.

I decided (in the interim) to install my Sony MEX-BT2600 head unit into my '03 Octavia, following a search found an adapter to enable the steering wheel controls to adjust the volume on the stereo.

Went to install at the weekend managed to get the symphony head unit out ok with the saw blades, undid the loom/aerial and went to install new kit. The adapter comes with a loom insert which accepts the green/yellow/blue, brown and black blocks on the car side and plugs into the ISO blocks and remote connector on the back of the radio. Played around with the power cables to make sure that the stereo remembers the presets. So everything was good. But now the problem... Pressing the steering controls doesn't do anything, the only way the stereo changes is when I disconnected the little box of tricks on the adapter loom.

So a partial success you may say!

Anyone know of these adapters or had similar experiences? I've emailed the seller's technical team to see if they know of anything.

Cheers,

dave

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave.

Did you have any reply from the technical team regarding the Connects2 steering interface?

I purchased the same item from another ebay seller and I'm experiencing the same problems.

I noticed the purple wire from the STK202 interface box didn't actual connect to any of the pins leading to the steering wheel, so I tried connecting it to each of the 2 wires leading to the steering wheel. But it still didn't produce any change on the Sony HU.

I guess I could fall back on using the Sony stalk/remote, but I'd prefer some way of hooking up the original steering controls.

Regards, steeb.

I did get a reply off the tech team... comprised of " try disconnecting the adapter and reconnecting it a few times, usually works for me" :wall: So I messed around with the power connectors, purple cable and a few other things but couldn't get anything to work. So all in I've just left it and chalked it up to experience, with much agro from the wife!!!

Sorry can't be of more help but if you get it sorted let me know how!

Thanks,

dave