VRS Bluetooth Query

Hi

Have tested a VRS today and very impressed - especially with the fuel consumption. From reading other posts, I expected to get <30mpg. However, on a quite spirited run, I managed to get 40mpg :yes:

I'm very taken by it and have been going through the option list. I quite fancy having the Bluetooth connection, but am a bit confused. Do I need to Bluetooth kit AND the MFSW option, or can I get by with just the kit and the standard steering wheel?

Also, how does it display? On the maxi-dot display? And in what format? Telephone number - name - text details? Sorry to be a bit dim!

Thanks for your help.

Hi I have both bluetooth and the mfsw but it was a demo car with both do not 100% if you need both. I don't think you need both as you actually use the right stork to control the calling etc just like the trip computer. Yes any phone info is displayed on maxi dot. Not sure what you man by format but you can view phonebook, call history (missed calls, last calls etc). If you have multiple numbers got a contact you can choose which one you call and it also tels you if you missa call while you are driving. Incoming call tels you the number or name of caller if in your phonebook. You can also use voice commands to call which works quite well although not 100%. Also the bluetooth connection allows toy to play music from your phone over the stereo.

Hope that helps

Was your car the demo from slacks in boro?

I looked at that, but they offered me a c@@@ deal so went to MSB and got a brand new one!

I hope you got a better deal than they offered me!

Chris

Anyone? Please!

My car has both, I didnt actually want the bluetooth kit though, as it was already speced in the show room and no wait I didnt mind...

I have tried it, but couldnt get it to work properly, kept saying number faile dor something...

It does pair with my phone, (HTC Desire) but the phone book doesnt show up, Not sure If I need to stup a phone book in the car? I have no interest in using the phone in the car, so havnt realy tried to solve this problem though.

the maxi-dot does show the phone number and number dialed from memory and also the error message displayed here... Sorry this post isnt more use to you!

It is possible to build your own can on the skoda site, and only choose the blue tooth kit prep,

Was your car the demo from slacks in boro?

I looked at that, but they offered me a c@@@ deal so went to MSB and got a brand new one!

I hope you got a better deal than they offered me!

Chris

Hey yea it was. I had looked at getting new with a few less extras but ended up with this one as the price was lower than the new one and with more extras. Plus I managed to get it within a week of seeing it. My auntie ordered a new one from them at the same time so think we got a good deal. It didnt have a black roof but they got that painted for me :yes:

Edited by adam1985

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to continue to ask daft questions...

Is there a hidden microphone allowing you to make handsfree calls?

What is the call quality like?

Is the volume adjustable? (My hearing isn't that great...)

Thanks for your continued help.