17965 FAULT CODE QUERY

Hi folks..my beloved garage (?) has found a 17965 fault on my Octy 1.9tdi. What is this, because my garage seem lost for words, and how can it be fixed? My car has dire problems with intermittent turbo loss, limp mode, which is rectified by recycling the ignition. Tha MAF has been changed and the pipes look good, from what I can see. Also, i have sucked on the pipe to the turbo actuator and this seems to lift the valve, I cannot blow into it which i am led to believe is correct. I have also had the N75 valve and EGR solenoid off and tested with 12v, the valve made a clicking noise each time so this appears to be working too.

Any advice on this really annoying fault is greatly appreciated.

PS: when car is running correctly, the turbo is excellent.

Hi there, had the same problem with my 1.9tdi automatic Superb, check out my description of problems under Turbo vs Cat,turned out it was the turbo, the actuator arm broke, traded my turbo in against a reconditioned one 650euro and had to change the oil feed in and out lines as they were corroded and broke when they were removing them,150euro, car seems fine now touch wood,i hope yours turns out to be something simple,as this was an expensive fix.