New Superb Owner!

Hi All,

Pleased to say after a few months as a @lurker@ I'm now a fully paid-up member of the club, having just bought myself a 53 plate 130 Superb Comfort with 45k on the clock.

Have been running company cars for a long time, so has been a bit of a learning curve buying... but so far, I'm well pleased with my Superb! Its smooth as anything, has a few toys in it, and is giving me 60mpg driven sensibly.... cant fault it!

Got in a Passat B5 taxi the other night with 300k on the clock, so hoping mine is still just a baby.

Feeling very smug that for £5k I've kind of cheated the system a little bit... no more huge tax bills!

Anyways - hope to talk more with all of you soon,

Andy

Andy,

Like youreself, I'm a new and fully paid up member of the MK1 Superb club...!! Best of luck with the car and watch out for that water ingress issue (well covered on this forum), and you shouldn't have too many problems. A neighbour of mine has a MK1 PD TDI 130 as a taxi from new with 295K miles on it and very little trouble...

All the best,

Robbie

Another welcome :thumbup:

And another newbie Superb owner (3 weeks now). I've not had a chance to get properly acquainted with mine yet – I just keep casting admiring glances at it out of the window :rofl:

Apart from a bit of clutch judder in 1st and reverse, it seems fine. I mainly bought it for the lower tax, better fuel economy and cheaper insurance over my modified 1.8T Octavia, although the extra space inside is a welcome bonus as I don't get my back kicked by our 4-year-old lad anymore.

There's a way to go before I'm fully committed to it, but so far, so good!

I second Robbo Cop's point about water ingress, too. Get the filter sealed ASAP, clear out the plenum chamber and remove the bungs. You'll be glad you did ;)

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I've read lots about the water ingress issues... will keep a close eye on things, although all seems ok, and the car has been incredibly well maintained so might already have been done. If we get some half decent weather tomorrow I'll take out the cover and have a look for myself.

Only thing that isnt working 100% at the moment is the air conditioning - first warm day on Thursday revelaed no difference between the "Auto" and "Econ" modes - fingers crossed its just a re-gas to sort that out.

Otherwise, I cant believe how good it is.... really nice car :-)

Thanks again guys - talk soon!