OBD wireless connection

dawnbringer

Hi all,

Has anyone ever tried connecting the diagnostic signal without a cable/connector? I went to Skoda and they had like a tablet pc and they connected wirelessly to the diagnostics.

Is this possible to the same with some obd software?

cheers

tom

I purchased an OBD Bluetooth module on eBay, came from china, for about £12. Plugs into the diagnostic socket then you can use a bluetooth equipped phone or laptop to talk to it. I use an app called Torque on an Android phone. You can read and reset error codes and build screens with all kinds of info.

I purchased an OBD Bluetooth module on eBay, came from china, for about £12. Plugs into the diagnostic socket then you can use a bluetooth equipped phone or laptop to talk to it. I use an app called Torque on an Android phone. You can read and reset error codes and build screens with all kinds of info.

thanks, thats what im going to do.

my question is if its possible to do without that connector

cheers

• 1 month later...