VW Dealer in Sevenoaks asks why I don't go to a Skoda dealer?!

My Skoda is due a service soon so I phoned up VW Beadles in Sevenoaks to set a date for my service. When I told the lady on the phone it was a Skoda she told me they might not have the correct parts as it is a VW dealer? :( I told her Skoda like Seat was part of the VW group so it shouldn't make any difference! I explained that my engine was the exact same engine as the one in the VW Golf GTI mk5! She then says ok we will service the car but we may not have all the correct parts so I might need to go there again if this is the case! :'( Does anyone else here have the same problem with VW or is it just me? Anyway my service is booked with a standard service charge of £250 + courtesy car. I only wanted to have a service there because my nearest Skoda dealer is in Aylsford! which is over 25 miles away! Any thoughts on this?

My Skoda is due a service soon so I phoned up VW Beadles in Sevenoaks to set a date for my service. When I told the lady on the phone it was a Skoda she told me they might not have the correct parts as it is a VW dealer? :( I told her Skoda like Seat was part of the VW group so it shouldn't make any difference! I explained that my engine was the exact same engine as the one in the VW Golf GTI mk5! She then says ok we will service the car but we may not have all the correct parts so I might need to go there again if this is the case! :'( Does anyone else here have the same problem with VW or is it just me? Anyway my service is booked with a standard service charge of £250 + courtesy car. I only wanted to have a service there because my nearest Skoda dealer is in Aylsford! which is over 25 miles away! Any thoughts on this?

I had to take my Octavia in to the local VW dealership as part of an insurance repair. They didn't do a good job (ended up taking it back a second time), and I found them very discourteous. I don't know if they just don't like Skodas.

I was going to get my MOT etc done there (as they were so close), but after this I'm going a few extra miles and getting it done at a Skodaship (actually Preston's in Writtle, for anyone who's close). Much better sevice and no problems (so far).

I'm sure there must be better VW places around, or are they all a bit snobbish?

Stu

I had to take my Octavia in to the local VW dealership as part of an insurance repair. They didn't do a good job (ended up taking it back a second time), and I found them very discourteous. I don't know if they just don't like Skodas.

I was going to get my MOT etc done there (as they were so close), but after this I'm going a few extra miles and getting it done at a Skodaship (actually Preston's in Writtle, for anyone who's close). Much better sevice and no problems (so far).

I'm sure there must be better VW places around, or are they all a bit snobbish?

Stu

Having owned 2 VW's, an Audi and 2 Skoda's I would say VW dealers have their heads firmly up their backsides, and cost more to service than the other 2 VAG brands.

Edited by squidgy

Try Caffyns in Tonbridge. Darren on service desk is helpful. tel 01732 356679 www.caffyns.co.uk

Agree, but make sure Darren is there, others are not so helpful.

The same in Ashford when Richard is there, he is very helpful. Not too good when he is not around.

The difference a person can make!