How to get speaker cable out of ISO. Photo Guide

Hi, I wrongly put my speaker cable in the wrong sound channel holes. I managed to removed the speaker cable from the ISO block. Here is how.

These are the cable connectors we are talking about in this guide, they clip in to the ISO block once you push them in and are hard to remove.

DSC00042.jpg

To remove you have to push the small protruding clip on the connection back in and then pull the cable out.

DSC00050.jpg

1: Get yourself a small screwdriver set such as this one. It is sold as a glasses repair kit in Tesco, im sure a good poundshop will also stock these small screw drivers.

DSC00048.jpg

2: Insert a small flat bladed screw driver in the bottom of the ISO block and push up onto the clip, wiggle it about and press the clip in. Keep a constant pull on the cable with your other hand as you are doing this.

DSC00049.jpg

3: You will feel the cable become loose once you have pushed the clip in, now just pull it all the way out.

DSC00043.jpg

Be careful not to damage the connectors as they are specific to the official VAG ISO. If you do damage them then here is somewhere you can order them.

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/product.asp?product_code=M-55-1&category=ISO%20Connectors&section=CAR%20AUDIO

ebay also has them, they are called 2.8 Timer ISO Female Receptacles Connectors (M-55).

Edited by fabia19

• 4 years later...

I must have just spent over an hour trying to get the bullet connectors for cables 4 and 7 out of the wiring connector. I'm trying to swap them over as i'm installing an aftermarket stereo. Has anyone got any further tips on how to get these buggers out? I've tried everything!

• 9 months later...