alloy wheel info required

rajsta

im looking into buying a set of alloy wheels for my mk1 superb

i think im going to go for 18" wheels, but i would like to ask, that is if anyone has the knowledge..

what is the max wheel width i can use? also what offset?

im wanting the wheels to sit almost flush with the arches/just slightly tucked in.

any help on this much appreciated :thumbup:

im looking into buying a set of alloy wheels for my mk1 superb

i think im going to go for 18" wheels, but i would like to ask, that is if anyone has the knowledge..

what is the max wheel width i can use? also what offset?

im wanting the wheels to sit almost flush with the arches/just slightly tucked in.

any help on this much appreciated :thumbup:

Firstly I think a mod should maybe move this to the Superb MK1 section as you may get more response there, I know a little about wheels fitment to the Superb MK1 as I own one myself.......... ;)

So the wheels specs for the Superb are as follows:

PCD = 5 x 112

Offset = 35 to 45

Centre Bore = 57.1

Worth reading the following links to help you out with fitting different wheels with offsets:

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=35&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8.5&offset=38&width2=215&aspect2=40&diameter2=18&wheelwidth2=8.5&offset2=52&Submit=Submit

I run two sets of wheels on my Superb, I sold the orignal 17" Solids and now run 18" Audi Fat Five's - 8.5J all Round 215/40/18 (Running 20mm Eibach Spacers all round):

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

As my second set I run the following 19†ASA AR1’s with Polished Lips – 8.5J Front’s 215//35/19, 9.5J Rear’s 235/35/19 (Running 15mm Eibach Spacers up front):

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02462.jpg

DSC09837.jpg

DSC09843.jpg

DSC09841.jpg

thanks for the info :thumbup:

your car looks the business :thumbup:

i like the look of them audi flat fives.

Thanks, approaching 200k but she is still going strong........ :thumbup:

would the following wheels fit the superb -

5x 112 pcd.

19x 10 rears et20

19x 8.5 fronts et20

thanks

Did you not read any of the links I posted above.......... :(

I assume that these are off another marque, maybe something like Mercedes maybe? The PCD is OK but would suggest the centre bore may be 66.6 so you would need spiggot rings, the ET is your problem but the link I gave above gives you everything you need to know if you plug the numbers in.......... :yes:

The lower the ET means that the wheel will stick out more and the width may well cause you problems.

The higher the ET means the more the wheel will sit inside the wheel arch......... :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Not sure how they will look on the car and I would be careful if you ran 10J wheels on the rear as they may not fit............ :doh:

As a side note, I am selling on my 19's as pictured above........ :thumbup:

Pretty sure the Alphards only come in 18's as a maximum.......... :yes:

hmm they actually look quite tastyemoticon-0148-yes.gif

so in 19s what MAX width would you suggest? and also what offset? im seriously crap at things like this.

All the info is in those links above mate........ :thumbup: