Sticker tech

Is it possible to have a sticker that's text is only visible when illuminated?

I get a fair few comments on the Octy (always positive thankfully), but by far and away the most common is, "is that a Skoda?" My rear windows are tinted, i fancy a sticker that's fairly large but only (faintly) visible under strong light, e.g. headlights but not visible during regular sunlight. Is this possible?

I'd want a Skoda logo (large) and the text "Is that a Skoda?" underneath.

Childish, daft, pointless. Yeah, but humour me :giggle:

:giggle: lololol I have no idea where you will get or what it will be to do the job but 10/10 for effort proper wee Skoda fan :thumbup:

Cracked it!

The way to do it is another layer of window tint but with just the text / logo. Window tint can be etched just like transfers as used in sign writing. After etching out the lettering / logo, it's applied to a clear backing, and this is then applied onto the window tint.

Net result is a double layer of window tint where the text / logo is. Now to get a quote...

Cracked it!

The way to do it is another layer of window tint but with just the text / logo. Window tint can be etched just like transfers as used in sign writing. After etching out the lettering / logo, it's applied to a clear backing, and this is then applied onto the window tint.

Net result is a double layer of window tint where the text / logo is. Now to get a quote...

This sounds rather cool keep us posted!!!!

id like one that says "im not a copper"

So sick of chavs giving me bad looks and the bird and coppers giving me cheerful waves then realising their mistake and pretending to flatten their hair :( (We have a white unmarked in my area with a similar reg)

id like one that says "im not a copper"

So sick of chavs giving me bad looks and the bird and coppers giving me cheerful waves then realising their mistake and pretending to flatten their hair :( (We have a white unmarked in my area with a similar reg)

Stu, saw the unmarked one the other week just across the road from me as I was out walking the dog, he'd pulled a chav in a astra (for some strange reason felt compeled to take a pic with me mobile, alas not to your std). bth... its only a standard model, so no comparison to your motor? How are the wheels btw... I have told (pleaded with) the wife its next on the list when I need new tyres :giggle: .

Stu, saw the unmarked one the other week just across the road from me as I was out walking the dog, he'd pulled a chav in a astra (for some strange reason felt compeled to take a pic with me mobile, alas not to your std). bth... its only a standard model, so no comparison to your motor? How are the wheels btw... I have told (pleaded with) the wife its next on the list when I need new tyres :giggle: .

Yup, its a std ambient but no-one seems to be able to tell the difference, even when mines got tints and anthracite wheels :wonder: I even know a copper who passed me with his wife, she said "thats stu" and he said nope its the unmarked. when they phoned me it turned out it was me and even he'd got mixed up! Apparently all the crims look out for the plate as mines a CX60 which most of the cop cars have so i have even thought about getting a private plate :(

Sorry for the OT mute and great idea for a sticker for behind tints. let us know how it goes :thumbup:

Yup, its a std ambient but no-one seems to be able to tell the difference, even when mines got tints and anthracite wheels :wonder: I even know a copper who passed me with his wife, she said "thats stu" and he said nope its the unmarked. when they phoned me it turned out it was me and even he'd got mixed up! Apparently all the crims look out for the plate as mines a CX60 which most of the cop cars have so i have even thought about getting a private plate :(

Sorry for the OT mute and great idea for a sticker for behind tints. let us know how it goes :thumbup:

you could just finish off what the factory didn't and paint the car an actual colour :giggle:

I too have a potential solution. If you have a look at the vrs badge on the back under darker light conditions and shine a torch directly at it from a similar angle to which your eyes are looking at it. You should notice that the colour in the letters will shine brighter. It is possible to get a black vinyl that when you shine light on it will reflect back and appear white.

So normally the sticker would be hard to notice in daylight against the tint, but shine white at night.

:giggle: problem is they also have blue, silver and black unmarked VRs's too!

Wish our force did, boring 3 series's*, not even 5's anymore :(

* i understand they do the job better, but still, i'm a Skoda fan so i'm going to champion my view :)