traction control light

traction control light was on on my car borrowed my mates vac come read the code air mass meter it read changed that cleared the code jobs a good en the last thing i'd of thought for trc control light would be air mass meter but its sorted now thank the lord for vagcom. has any one else had this sort of problem?????

There is no specific control module for traction control. It works by the engine controller and ABS controller communicating with each other. If the ABS controller detects that a driving wheel sensor is noticably faster than the others and the brake pedal is not being applied it knows that the driving wheel/s are spinning. The engine controller then reduces the engine power output accordingly. This operation cannot be properly performed if there is any kind of malfunction on either the engine or ABS systems, including the MAF.....