What is the best way to clean and protect my VRS CR (blue)

Folks,

I am sure this has been discussed several times but my search on here didn't work out very well. Can anyone tell me what is the best way / system to wash / protect my first new car (VRS CR, Race Blue) and what are good cleaning products to use(or provide link to previous posts). Thanks in advance.

Biffo

Hi Biffo

Don't worry mate the search function is patchy at the best of times :-)

Welcome to the club - I'm picking up my Race blue VRS next week with any luck!

Personally in the past I've used a pressure washer with a snow foam lance and PH neutral snow foam to start. Leave it for a few minutes them pressure wash it off. Then wash the car with a lambswool mitt using a bucket with a grit-guard in the bottom. I use a Megiures wash and then rinse that off, dry with a microfible towel NOT a chammy and then wax with Dodo Blue Velvet.

I use Dod Juice Red Mist spray detailer betweem waxes.

From scratch I think use Dod Juice Lime Prime to give the best base for the new wax.

Others on here will go on about claying etc but I've not got the bottle to do that or use a machine polisher and I'm going to potentially get somebody else to do a first time detail on the car but then keep things going with the above regime.

Hi Biffo

Don't worry mate the search function is patchy at the best of times :-)

Welcome to the club - I'm picking up my Race blue VRS next week with any luck!

Personally in the past I've used a pressure washer with a snow foam lance and PH neutral snow foam to start. Leave it for a few minutes them pressure wash it off. Then wash the car with a lambswool mitt using a bucket with a grit-guard in the bottom. I use a Megiures wash and then rinse that off, dry with a microfible towel NOT a chammy and then wax with Dodo Blue Velvet.

I use Dod Juice Red Mist spray detailer betweem waxes.

From scratch I think use Dod Juice Lime Prime to give the best base for the new wax.

Others on here will go on about claying etc but I've not got the bottle to do that or use a machine polisher and I'm going to potentially get somebody else to do a first time detail on the car but then keep things going with the above regime.

what wardth said :thumbup: very similar as to how ive decided to do my new one just some diff products.

Here is what mine looked like after a smple rince and dry before I left on my bike tour which ended badly on your wonderful roads in County Kerry......:wonder: some day I will see my car again and be able to at least walk over to it GURRRRR

cleaner%2525201.jpg

cleaner%2525202.jpg

ps alloys I have not touched yet bar just cleaning them as normal with an EZ Detailing wheel alloy wheel brush which is amazing btw! I need to pick a good product to repel dirt on the alloys still!

Edited by FUBAR

Folks,

I am sure this has been discussed several times but my search on here didn't work out very well. Can anyone tell me what is the best way / system to wash / protect my first new car (VRS CR, Race Blue) and what are good cleaning products to use(or provide link to previous posts). Thanks in advance.

Biffo

forgot to mention Biffo COLOUR CODED GRILL SURROUND !!!!!!! it is vital that you get this done as it looks SO much better than a silly big plastic chrome finished mirror that you get on the entry models !!!!

This is mine after a good clean today, picked mine up on Monday so it was quite good to start with, the aim of today was to get some good protection on it, so I just washed in the normal way, i.e. snow foam, then 2 bucket method, then clay, ironx and detar it, run over with Lime Prime and an applicator pad by hand, then sealed the paint with Gtechniq C2, then a coat of DODO Supernatural Hybrid Wax then a final wipe down with Zaino Z8, wheels were again just cleaned then a coat of C2 again, and the a coat of the hybrid wax, then tyres dressed with Zaino tyre dressing, job done, just got to get the protector etc on the inside and she will be done!

Pics hopefully show she looks quite sparkly now!

Cleaning them up and getting good protection on is the key, put a day aside and get it done properly and cleaning from then on will be just a minor upkeep job, easy!

IMG_1486.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg