clunking noise when turning

Hi can any one help me pls, on my fabia (57 plate) when i turn inot a turning i some times get a clunking noise from front of car, is this normal or should i take it back to dealer as it is under used car warranty also do you think they will charge me for looking at it?

Thanks look forward to your replys

My 56 plate VRS used to make quite a loud CLONK noise when I turned sharp left corners, Dealer couldnt find any issue, (It only did this when on full lock turniong into the end of my road.)

It did this for 4 years without any trouble. I would take it to the deaeler andget it checked anyway...

Hi Fabia, you don't say how many mile the car has done, but if it's highish miles then suspension and steering bushes can wear and cause a clunk, but usually a heavy clunk is the Anti-roll bar (ARB) mounts/bushes. These sometime become dry, and when turning on uneven surfaces can clunk/bang/even creak. If the car doesn't do it when its raining or on wet roads, then it it likely to be ARB bushes. To be sure, as the blokes are saying, take it to your dealer for him to check. They will not normally charge to check it out. Of course there are other things such as a loose steering rack, or top suspension strut bearings going awol that may also make that noise. Also could be a front suspension strut going bad. But ARB is the first thing to check. Please post back to let us know what your dealer finds. Good luck.

Edited by Estate Man

Hi Fabia, you don't say how many mile the car has done, but if it's highish miles then suspension and steering bushes can wear and cause a clunk, but usually a heavy clunk is the Anti-roll bar (ARB) mounts/bushes. These sometime become dry, and when turning on uneven surfaces can clunk/bang/even creak. If the car doesn't do it when its raining or on wet roads, then it it likely to be ARB bushes. To be sure, as the blokes are saying, take it to your dealer for him to check. They will not normally charge to check it out. Of course there are other things such as a loose steering rack, or top suspension strut bearings going awol that may also make that noise. But ARB is the first thing to check. Please post back to let us know what your dealer finds. Good luck.

Car has done 35000 miles. It also makes the clunking on pebbled rds and uneven rds but drives nicely on smoothe surface.

thanks keepyou posted

Pebbled road? You drive on this often? I bet you've got a small pebble stuck invbetween the front disc and plate, this is what always happened to me, take the wheel of and check it, mine was fine until I was turning slowly m8 of mine is a skoda trained mechanic and he said skodas are well know for it?

Pebbled road? You drive on this often? I bet you've got a small pebble stuck invbetween the front disc and plate, this is what always happened to me, take the wheel of and check it, mine was fine until I was turning slowly m8 of mine is a skoda trained mechanic and he said skodas are well know for it?

Hi not loose pebbles just uneven roads

Hi not loose pebbles just uneven roads

Before taking it in to the dealers, have a quick look around the disc and pads and the metal shield around the disc, all it needs is a teeny weenie chipping to make the worst noise ever!, it's not an old car so mechanically should be fine, check the easiest thing first then progress from there ;)