honeycomb grille

I have the superskoda grille on my FL. Easy to fit but you DO need to cut the bonnet release bar thingy. You can still reach it through the honeycomb though, unless you have VERY fat fingers!

Daz_pd on here has one too, just got it recently from superskoda and the plastic isn't the same as mine quality-wise, and it would appear superskoda are fobbing him off. I am going to take some pics of mine (when it stops raining!) and send them to daz so that he can provide comparisons to superskoda.

One other thing I would mention - if you decide to go for it and buy one, DON'T follow the instructions regarding the length to cut off the bonnet release bar. Cut off LESS than they recommend and test - you can always cut a wee bit more off if necessary, but you can't add more on!

I cut off what the instructions said and it's too much, but still fairly easily reachable.

Pics (although none of the grille close-up) are on my flickr - http://www.flickr.com/oobster

thanks oobster!

here are the quality issues that Oobster is talking about, check out the marble effect on the "100% match for OEM honeycomb" Superskoda just fobbed me off and said I need to paint it, about to open a dispute over the matter!

2011-09-03130847.jpg

2011-09-03130835.jpg

thanks oobster!

here are the quality issues that Oobster is talking about, check out the marble effect on the "100% match for OEM honeycomb" Superskoda just fobbed me off and said I need to paint it, about to open a dispute over the matter!

2011-09-03130847.jpg

2011-09-03130835.jpg

Mate, that is a fekin disgrace!

Further to previous postings, I was considering this grille - didn't like/still don't like the fact you have to butcher the bonnet release but I was coming around to it. This however has put me right off. Crap like this winds me up.

Firstly it's not as if its a cheap £20 item - as you say it is advertised as "OEM quality". Those pictures quite clearly show it is nothing of the sort. I think they have had a batch ccome back from the moulders faulty and are selling them anyway because they don't think people will cause a fuss. As for "spray it" - what kind of response is that?!!

Superskoda if you are watching this forum take note; you only get one chance with people like us. If you screw up, send out shoddy goods or have poor customer service, people will blacklist you. You are already well known for your outrageous shipping charges but people are sometimes willing to overlook this because you are the sole vendor of certain items. I would suggest you resolve this issue ASAP and maybe you will come out of this with something intact however if Daz has to go up the PayPal route, you are going to look bloody stupid.

You have certainly lost a sale from my perspective and I'm sure others will be thinking long and hard after reading this thread.

I've always been suspicious of Superskoda and this has just confirmed those suspicions.