VRS hatchback skoda towbar detachable

FUBAR

I know there are many towbar threads I have looked and I cannot get the specific answer I need.

I have called around for prices fully fitted for a detachable tow bar for tugging about my little bike trailer once in a blue moon and £410 from an independent for a witter(shows loops under bumper) or tow-trust(shows nothing). But I also contacted my main dealers who will be able to fit it there not outsourced and parts department found a detachable on there £233inc vat for the bits and £200-220 to fit service department told me after they went off to check how long etc with their techs. They do stick to their word on prices and always have in past for me fantastic service.

I would go for the main dealer one for the peace of mind and not to take any risk at all on my warranty but I would like to know what the official one looks like is there any cutting or is anything visible when its off??

The dealer one i had on my vRS required no cutting at all (the bumpers were shaped to accommodate), and was even less visible than the Wesfalia ones of the time. Also the cut out in the styrofoam tool holder in the spare wheel was the correct shape to hold the removed tow ball.

I know there are cheaper out there that almost fit as good, so it's usually down to money and any aesthetic compromises! 'Fraid i've no photos, but there is a thread on the forum with a silver vRS having one fitted, so a little search should find it.

However i'm talking pre FL here, so things may be different & I may be talking a load of carp!!

Dealer wanted £800 IIRC a couple of years ago.O how we laughed at the price. That was with the full wiring loom for a 7 pin socket. I got a Westfalia fitted locally for under £300 using a relay board. The reverse sensors wail when anything is attached but no bother to me. Truly invisible ,unless you look underneath, when removed and the socket swivels out of the way.

Cheers or advice guys think I will go with the main dealer working out mor or less same price and main dealers is just as far as other place id have to wait with car and they have free refreshments :D And in the unlikely event anything at all went wrong I know they will sort it and not mess around. Will be a christmas present to my car wont it be pleased when I have that stuck that up its back bumper :o