Maxidot panel freezing

Wardy

Had this at the start of trip yesterday. Got stuck at the 'doors open' pictogram, showing that the boot was still open. Thought the sensor might have gone, so made sure the boot was actually shut (which it was) and carried on with the 80 miles I needed to do. Was only after about 20 mins that I noticed the clock and mileage hadn't moved either, and came to the conclusion that the display had frozen (for whatever reason).

So when I arrived, I locked the car and waited for the display to go out. Then unlocked and saw the display was then working properly again. This was a mid-journey stop-off, so for the remaining bit of the trip it was absolutely fine and worked without problem.

Haven't checked to see if it's logged a fault code or anything, but just thought I'd check to see if anyone's experienced anything similar? While in the car, no amount of pressing the Maxidot buttons on the stalk made any difference.

I don't have maxidot and my non maxidot screen hasn't frozen but when moving between the functions it sometimes goes a little strange and thinks i've pressed and button 3-4 times, I also have a fault logged for the wiper stalk.

My error

Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY8.lbl

Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 BC HW: 1K0 953 549 BC

Component: Lenksäulenmodul 035 0070

Coding: 0000042

Shop #: WSC 73430 790 00000

VCID: 74ECC19F6E2B

1 Fault Found:

00888 - Wiper Switch for Intermittent Operation (E22)

014 - Defective - Intermittent

Not sure its of any relevance to your issue but does your wiper stalk smoothly browse forward/backwards through the menus?

Did the trip log the miles you travelled while been frozen?

Matthew

Had this at the start of trip yesterday. Got stuck at the 'doors open' pictogram, showing that the boot was still open. Thought the sensor might have gone, so made sure the boot was actually shut (which it was) and carried on with the 80 miles I needed to do. Was only after about 20 mins that I noticed the clock and mileage hadn't moved either, and came to the conclusion that the display had frozen (for whatever reason).

So when I arrived, I locked the car and waited for the display to go out. Then unlocked and saw the display was then working properly again. This was a mid-journey stop-off, so for the remaining bit of the trip it was absolutely fine and worked without problem.

Haven't checked to see if it's logged a fault code or anything, but just thought I'd check to see if anyone's experienced anything similar? While in the car, no amount of pressing the Maxidot buttons on the stalk made any difference.

My issue isn't quite the same but my maxidot, clock and trip computer will reset to 0 at random. Sometimes does it a couple of times in a few days, other times can go for weeks with it behaving. Has been at dealers once but no joy. Will be being looked at again but is intermittant and doesn't leave a fault code (apparently). It's a bit of a pain!

Sarge.

Not sure its of any relevance to your issue but does your wiper stalk smoothly browse forward/backwards through the menus?

Did the trip log the miles you travelled while been frozen?

Matthew

I'll check VCDS next time I get chance, see if there's anything logged. Was more an issue that the display froze and the stalk had no effect, rather than the stalk causing the issue.... I think! :)

And yes, I wondered about the miles that I travelled while it was frozen. The display updated itself after I unlocked and was correct; it had correctly logged miles travelled.

Cheers,

Steve.

I'll check VCDS next time I get chance, see if there's anything logged. Was more an issue that the display froze and the stalk had no effect, rather than the stalk causing the issue.... I think! :)

And yes, I wondered about the miles that I travelled while it was frozen. The display updated itself after I unlocked and was correct; it had correctly logged miles travelled.

Cheers,

Steve.

Steve, perhaps the switch on the stalk is faulty and providing a permanent contact which is preventing you from scrollling through the options?

ian

Possible I suppose. Just that I haven't had one issue in over a year. Will put it down to a freak occurance, for now anyway.

Out of interest, can the right stalk be separated in the same way as the cruise stalk? Might check the contacts out then.