New vRS Owner (almost)

Went to view a vRS today, after the test drive I had no choice but to buy it :giggle:

For those who read another recent thread of mine they will already know that I had my choice narrowed down to a SEAT Altea XL 1.9TDi 105, Octavia Elegance 1.9 TDi 105 and a vRS (for something different). Didn't even get to drive the other two!

It's a 2007 (57) race blue diesel with 33,000 miles. One owner from new, full Skoda service history (fixed, every 10,000) and has just had £1,600 spent on it (40,000 mile service + cambelt, tie rod ends, brake fluid, rear discs and pads, front pads and four new tyres). The tyres are non-branded and called "Evergreen" but they look black to me!

There are a few stone chips and scratches which will be repaired before collection and two of the alloys are kerbed so I'll need to get them looked at. The boot spoiler has been re-sprayed too at some point, not very well either but the rest of the boot looks original.

My ideal spec (xenon's, rear parking sensors, maxidot, cruise control, auto dimming rear view mirror and curtain airbags). Loving the black headlining!

It has the sensor on the windscreen so I assume it has auto wipers (?) - but no auto lights.

Interesting number plate on it, no good to me as I have my own to go on it, anyone interested!?

Now, lets hope I can get the claimed 49.6 MPG out of it on my daily commute!

The wife is more worried about having two Octavia's on the drive!

OctaviavRS1.jpg

OctaviavRS2.jpg

OctaviavRS3.jpg

Edited by silver1011

Very good plate, got to be worth a bob or two!? Also nice car, keep toying with the idea of going back to petrol and getting one of these myself as the pre facelift look such good value for money these days.

I hope you get years of trouble free ownership enjoyment out of her!

Nice looking motor. Can I ask how much you expended on it?

I bet the previous owner has balanced heavy things on the spoiler too many times whilst looking for keys and scuffed it so attempted a DIY spray job to cover up the marks when selling.

They wouldn't budge on the screen price of £9,650, I'd spent quite a bit of time looking at others online and this did seem well priced especially given the spec and the service history so I didn't expect to negotiate much.

I did get them to extend the standard three month warranty to 12 months, put 6 months tax on it, fill it with diesel and clean up the chips and scuffs.

Not sure on the spoiler, I've read on here that a few others have experienced the paint lifting on them, perhaps this was a poor dealer respray or a bad DIY effort. It's not that bad but enough for me to notice it.

Tomorrows job will be to clean up the trusty work horse, my 12 year old, 150,000 mile Peugeot 306 to list on eBay.

My spoiler is weird. When i polish it the cloth turns red as if it hasn't been clearcoated - perhaps something similar with this.

Caught it on the garage door the other week though and nicked it, was slightly annoyed :'(

My spoiler is weird. When i polish it the cloth turns red as if it hasn't been clearcoated - perhaps something similar with this.

Caught it on the garage door the other week though and nicked it, was slightly annoyed :'(

Good point jrw, I just assumed it has had paint as it's blotchy and the finish is dull in places. It is four years old, maybe the previous guy was keen with the polish!

Good point jrw, I just assumed it has had paint as it's blotchy and the finish is dull in places. It is four years old, maybe the previous guy was keen with the polish!

I think they are painted somewhere else and attached near the end of production due to the fairly fragile nature of the item. same with the bumpers.

It is only the painted plastic parts of my car that let it down.