-
Amazed Skoda has become so BAD..
Certainly the DSG in ours drives just fine. It changes up just about as early as is reasonable, and I think the downchange on braking from speed is something it's supposed to do. The only time I've ever used Sport or manual changes in ours is for experimentation - I've never felt the need to use them in normal use. Maybe newer cars are a bit different - could the OP have a more sporty mode being used by default in the driver profile (or drive mode)?
-
All In - anyone cancelled shortly after having a service, did you have to pay extra?
Yes, that would be reasonable, but do they actually do it? Even if they do, if they charge it at the actual cost to VWFS that's going to be way less than the dealers retail price so it would still be a good deal. But unless someone has been through this, it's unknown - hence my question.
-
All In - anyone cancelled shortly after having a service, did you have to pay extra?
Well, no you don't. I cancelled the one on our Karoq after 5mths so as to get the cheaper rate in Black Friday offer. I hadn't used any of the elements of the plan. Not only did I not have to pay any extra, after reading of someone who got a refund, I pushed and with much grumpiness they refunded me the 5mths I'd paid as goodwill. Only issue I had is they didn't link the two plans together so it looked like there'd been a 5 mths gap in warranty cover. This meant that the plan showed a 30 day waiting period for the warranty to start. They confirmed to me in email that this was wrong and they would waive it.
- Moving over
-
All In - anyone cancelled shortly after having a service, did you have to pay extra?
As title, really - did you get asked to cover the service cost, or did Skoda Financial Services just let you cancel?
-
Skoda All-In-One Service Plan
That's very interesting, as we have a Kamiq in the family about to turn 3. Dealer service manager was adamant that the third service and MOT couldn't be done with All In, despite exactly the same thing being done by a VW dealer on wife's Tiguan. Thinking about it, there's be no need to do a full 30 days before would there? As long as the plan is in place then the service could be charged to it - you should only need to do it a day or two prior. Having said all that, I had planned to cancel the All In if an offer occurs in Nov, and re-buy it at the offer price - I did that on our Karoq last year with no issue as we hadn't had any work done. I guess it becomes complicated if you've had a service as VWFS will want paying for it.
-
Kamiq service/warranty question
Thanks. That's how I see it, which means the dealer service manager has quoted the wrong service. Which suits me - much of the rest of it will be covered by the MOT and going forwards the car will be on All In. I reckon they changed the brake fluid to 2yrs so it would line up with the EV service - it's included in the 2yr service for an EV to help justify the cost as there's pretty well nothing else to do. Still feels like a scam - I've asked indie's about it and they just laugh and say they'll check it, but it won't need changing.
-
Kamiq service/warranty question
Our (daughter's) Kamiq is just coming up to 3yrs old too and dealer service manager said (by emai) that it's an oil lubrication service. Which I believe is literally just an oil and filter change and some basic safety checks (lights. horn etc). That's different to what the Skoda website says, which says at 3yrs/30K it should have a "Oil and inspection service with Extended scope". The first two services were included with the deal for the car and I'm sure I recall reading that they were just oil services, plus pollen filter at year 2. That would fit with what the website is saying for year 3. There's a quite ridiculous difference in price between the oil service and oil plus inspection. Especially bearing in mind the car will be MOT'd too, which is a pretty thorough going over. I'm annoyed to have to pay at all - slipped up really, should have had the car left on longlife servicing so it wouldn't even be due for its second service yet. Having said that, I'm not mad on the car not being looked at for 2yrs, and leaving oil in for 18,500 miles probably isn't a good idea.
-
Update applications Kamiq
If you use the back button it takes you back to an Enyaq update, so that procedure may be EV specific. Same update message is appearing in our Karoq (and probably other Skoda models too). One user is reported that his car has updated now: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/541069-constant-app-updates/
-
Constant app updates
Same on ours. I've noticed a few times the infotainment takes a while to start up so I hoped it was loading an update. Only for the update message to reappear.
-
Kamiq arrived at last! 2027 model...
I think they went a bit mad and stripped stuff out in the 24 model year facelift - our late 23 SEL has front parking sensors and I recall there was other stuff missing from the facelift version. I forget what now - did they come down a level in the digital dash? I was surprised the Kamiq SEL came with one as standard that was a hefty upgrade cost in Karoq SEL. So I guess they've gradually brought stuff back.
-
Kamiq service/warranty question
Our Kamiq was a bit late for its second service as the dealers leadtime was bonkers. Dealer assured us it'd be fine (famous last words). However if the car was on longlife servicing then it could go 2yrs between services (18500 miles) so I don't see why it should be problem. I suppose, as the first service is basically just an oil change and the second is a more extended inspection, then they might say the inspection is overdue.
-
Kamiq seat question.
Are you ordering in the UK? The configurator you showed is German - as another poster said, I don't think elec seats are available in UK and they're not showing in the UK configurator.
-
Considering a Sportline
The salesman who sold us our SEL grabbed us when we went to pick it up from its 3rd service recently and tried to get us to take one of the new Sportline Editions they had in stock, at a hefty discount as part of some Skoda promotion in June. I would say the one thing that put me off was the 19" wheels and 40 profile tyres, coupled with diamond cut wheels, which we had once and I vowed never to have again. The salesman did say DCC helps the ride - I'm not sure what the modes are called but I've read of owners who only ever drive in Comfort, have tried Normal, and never dared to even try Sport.
-
Karoq gearbox doesn't creep?
That's exactly what I do.....but, I have auto-hold turned off. Surely if you have it on, the car won't release its brakes and start to move until you touch the accelerator? I turn it off because my previous TC auto didn't have it so got used to driving without it, and in the Tiguan we had before the Karoq, it released the auto brakes with a bit of "thunk" - it was far nicer to let the car creep before getting on the gas.
Rory
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited