15" Winter Tyres

steveo1

Hey ppl,

I've posted a few topics regarding getting ready for the winter and how ive bought some vw 15" alloys, now i'm about to purchase some tyres (hopefully this incoming week). I've had to make a choice of 195 55 R15 or 195 50 R15 - i'm going to choose the 195 55 R15's mearly because this should be give me the most accurate ready on my speedo (hope this is a good enough reason lol but I know the 195 55 R15 have been recommended on a few other posts on briskoda)

What do you's think about these: -

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m95b2366s624p79276/GOODYEAR_TYRES_WINTER_SNOW_CAR_GOODYEAR_ULTRA_GRIP_PERFORMANCE_-_195_55R15_85H_TL_

Pretty good reviews but value you guys opinions on whether or not these would be a good set?

Any other recommendations plz add them (and a link if possible)

Many Thanks

Hey ppl,

I've posted a few topics regarding getting ready for the winter and how ive bought some vw 15" alloys, now i'm about to purchase some tyres (hopefully this incoming week). I've had to make a choice of 195 55 R15 or 195 50 R15

Many Thanks

for a vRS Fabia you should only get 195/55 for a R15 size...so long as the rims/alloys fit over the brakes!

Fabia tyre sizes...my post B)

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/217351-oem-tyre-sizes-and-alternatives/

Just so long as it's either Michelin, Pirreli, Goodyear, Continental, Toyo, Falken, Verdrestien etc....what ever you can find left in stock!!!!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Yeah Raf, having second thoughts about removing them.

Spent so much time sourcing the VW Avus alloys, making sure they wud clear the brakes and then getting the centre caps replaced with Skoda ones, kinda want to keep them on as long as possible but after that good weather I didn't want to wear the tread down....

Is there an alloys forum on here where I can add these photos too??

Thanks

• 9 months later...