Smell from exhaust

LJH888

Hello everyone, I'm hoping for some advice regarding a hot oil like smell coming from my exhaust on my 2006 Superb 1.9 TDi. It's just had a new turbo, EGR valve, MAF sensor and timing belt. The smell wasn't there before this work was done but I noticed it immediately after. My car has recently been in to my local Skoda dealer for a diagnostics check and no faults were found, I asked the technician at Skoda about the smell from the exhaust and he said he had no idea what could be causing it but it was nothing to be concerned about. 

I'm not so sure myself, I've had one or two amateur mechanics tell me it needs checking out whilst Skoda say not, any ideas guys ? 

Thanks for reading and for any advice offered...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I'm hoping for some advice regarding a hot oil like smell coming from my exhaust on my 2006 Superb 1.9 TDi. It's just had a new turbo, EGR valve, MAF sensor and timing belt. The smell wasn't there before this work was done but I noticed it immediately after. My car has recently been in to my local Skoda dealer for a diagnostics check and no faults were found, I asked the technician at Skoda about the smell from the exhaust and he said he had no idea what could be causing it but it was nothing to be concerned about.

I'm not so sure myself, I've had one or two amateur mechanics tell me it needs checking out whilst Skoda say not, any ideas guys ?

pop in to your nearest exhaust place and get a straight throu pipe fitted instead of your CAT-box

so you will benefit from easy acceleration (faster) and better on fuel and still should not smoke too much so OK for mot

just do it .....

.....u will love it

Does the car still do this? It might just be a bit of oil on the manifold or engine cover, I had a passat turbo with a rocker cover leak. The oil had a slight drip and made a similar smell to your description.

Cheers

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Yes mate, it's constant, it's been there for at least 6000 miles, I warm the car up for ten minutes every morning and when I come outside to get in it's made the whole road smell like a bus garage... Thanks for the reply. I've asked a few mechanics since including Skoda again and everyone says...dont worry about it...