battery upgrade, whos done it? - advice

VRS 473

im iv just put a orion hcca sub into the fabia currently running off a 1kw amp, now im upgrading the alternator but want to upgrade the battery too! been looking around and finding it hard with the restrictions of size due to the caging with the fuses on top so far iv found a 77ah 780 cca battery but wondered if anyone on here had upgrading there battery and what they had, spec, cost etc many thanks :)

Make a new battery box? I'm planning on making one for my 1.4 out of some sheet metal and sticking the fuses etc. on the side or top of it. But there is a lot more spare space in the engine bay. Otherwise i imagine the plastic box is going to be a bit restrictive on your options.

im iv just put a orion hcca sub into the fabia currently running off a 1kw amp, now im upgrading the alternator but want to upgrade the battery too! been looking around and finding it hard with the restrictions of size due to the caging with the fuses on top so far iv found a 77ah 780 cca battery but wondered if anyone on here had upgrading there battery and what they had, spec, cost etc many thanks :)

An Alt upgrade for 1kw is bit of job isnt it? remember the alt is just for charging your battery - the system should run from the battery - 77ah and 780cca is no where near good enough for car audio needs

or are you planning on going bigger with your amps (as the HCCAs need lots of power to move)

You would be better off getting an uprated car audio specific battery - Look at Shuriken BT80s, NSB75s or something smaller from the XS power XP range http://4xspower.com/products/agm/ or maybe even just fitting an uprated battery in the boot

combine that with uprated cables from your alt to the battery and decent 0awg cable down the car and you should have more than enough power

I run a pair of 2k amps and 2 BT100 batteries in my octavia and it works fine of the standard alt

Got a passat 180amp alt to go onto her :-) so that will serfice for my 1k until I get my 2k amp and then I think il upgrade my battery as obviously the extra 90amps will give me enough extra spare power as I'm not one for parking up and booming for ages any links to batteries that fit in standard cage? As the cable that goes from the fuse block to battery positive is rather short and it doesn't look like I can replace it will a longer on if I relocate