Tyre Recommendations

JezK

Hello All,

My Roomster was fitted with 205 45 R16 87W tyres when it left the factory and are due for replacement.

Can anyone recommend a good tyre to fit?

Thanks In Advance

Jez

Hello All,

My Roomster was fitted with 205 45 R16 87W tyres when it left the factory and are due for replacement.

Can anyone recommend a good tyre to fit?

Thanks In Advance

Jez

Usually i would recommend Falken fk452's but i don't think they are avalible in that size. There are Falken ze912's, that are but i've had no experiance with them My link Here's a review on them My link

Here's some reviews roomster owners have done about tyres My link

Usually i would recommend Falken fk452's but i don't think they are avalible in that size. There are Falken ze912's, that are but i've had no experiance with them My link Here's a review on them My link

Here's some reviews roomster owners have done about tyres My link

Falken ZE912s were highly recommended a couple of years ago. I've had them on the front for 10,000 miles now and they're doing fine.

It is widely recommended that any changes is less than 2.5% different to your original size, a 50 profile 1s -3.31% difference. I'm not sure on roomster tyre sizes so i take it you have 15" rims? These sizes will fall within the 2.5%

205/60 R15 628 mm 1973 mm -0.95 % 70.67 5.5x15 to 7x15

215/60 R15 640 mm 2011 mm 0.95 % 70.67 6x15 to 7.5x15

205/65 R15 648 mm 2036 mm 2.21 % 71.55 5.5x15 to 7x15

the ones I am looking at an am close to buying are Hankook Optimo 4S H730, 185/60 R15 T (88)'s, mainly due to the price, time of year and the reviews I have seen on them, any views?

perhaps I should add, my tyre sizes now are 195/55 R15 H (85)

the ones I am looking at an am close to buying are Hankook Optimo 4S H730, 185/60 R15 T (88)'s, mainly due to the price, time of year and the reviews I have seen on them, any views?

perhaps I should add, my tyre sizes now are 195/55 R15 H (85)

I had Hankooks on a Kia Pride about 20 years ago and they had next to no grip. Wet roads were like ice.

sorry to jump in on someones thread, but i have 195/55's on my roomster at the moment but I was wondering if 195/50 could be put on instead. Its seems a lot cheaper for 50's but will only do it if safe

speedo will be inaccurate, your mileage will go up higher than 195-55-15 to cover the same distance, acceleration may improve, ride may be firmer (less cushion), revs may be higher to do the same speed due to smaller rolling circumference (therefore could be false economy depending on mileage you do and type of driving, motorways vs stop/start)

Edited by fabia55

I just got some tyres in that size (195 55 15 85H).

Went for some Barum Bravuris (made by continental) as they were pretty cheap and got some good reviews and seems a very under-rated tyre. Got them fitted for £49 a corner.

Really pleased with them so far and they have plenty of grip! They are also lovely and quiet if that is of any interest!

I had Hankooks on a Kia Pride about 20 years ago and they had next to no grip. Wet roads were like ice.

Currently running Hankook Winter icept evo W310 (215/60 R16) on our Yeti; bar extra noise on rough surfaced dressed roads been very pleased with them. Better grip in the wet than the summer conti PremiumContact 2 she was supplied with, which appear to only like warm and dry conditions :S

Wife's Fabia 1.2TSI is on Bridgestone Blizzak LM30's (195/55 R15); there OK but the side walls are a bit to soft and the grip in icy conditions could be more reassuring. Think well be going back to Nokian's when they wear out.

TP