Retrofit MDI to Yeti

Allams Skoda

Just a bit of info for you DIY guys.

Skoda have made a MDI retro-fit kit available for the Superb but as far I can see it should work fine with the Yeti.

Information: Intended for Superb (3T) from CW 22/2009 and Superb Estate (3T9).

Kit contains: MDI unit, bracket, connection cable, MDI cable with cover, 2x bolts, 2x templates and a tightening belt.

Prior to using the equipment it is necessary to encode to the Gateway control unit and the radio/navigation system. Should the vehicle be fitted with a CD changer or AUX - in media socket, these components will no longer function after installation.

This kit can be combined with:

Swing 3T0035186,1Z0035161F radios and later models

Bolero 3T0035156B, 1Z0035156F radios and later models

Columbus 3T0035680 navigation system and later models

Cars manufactured after CW 22/10, the blue terminal board which makes part of the "C" connection bundle will have to be replaced for the blue terminal board 8X0035447, with the pin arrangement remaining unchanged. The blue terminal board 8X0035447 can be obtained from Skoda Spare parts.

Says it takes 1.1 hours to fit to a Superb but the Yeti might take a little long or perhaps less time as it does depend on where you'd like your MDI socket to be, either in the glovebox, armrest or the storage area on the top of the dashboard, or I think the factory MDI on Yeti has it just in front of the gear stick in the little storage well.

If anyone is interested in this let me know and I'll get it added to our parts website, www.amsparts.co.uk and make it orderable online.

Price is £300 inc VAT, plus you'll need a friendly Briskodian with VAGCOM to code it for you.

At last!

However there may be much cheaper options via Ebay e.g. http://lyxus.net/ipov

Fitting < 1 hour.

When I fitted mine I did not need any VCDS magic, but I know others have! Even so the total cost will be <£150 I reckon?

These attachments may assist?

Yeti MDI retro fit.pdf

Removing the Bolero Radio-1.pdf

Removing The Glove Box.pdf

Yeti MDI Coding.pdf